Third Party Press

Thread: Czech V24, First Yugo Contract? (Yugo 1924a) Non import

Default Czech V24, First Yugo Contract? (Yugo 1924a) Non import

I picked this one up on gunbroker as a BIN...It is a non german, non post war yugo (vz24/52c) and non import marked..The rifle is stamped matching in it's original stock..According to others, Yugoslavia purchased 92,000 vz 24's in 1926 and 1929...With what limited info there is on these, I found one other one on gunboards with the same prefix with a Crown/M on the stock and a cyrillic letter near the trigger guard...
    The thread is here and the rifle I am referring to is in post 11
    http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...v-vz24s-m1924a
    My rifle is marked with a Crown/B and a cyrillic A (hard to see with my lousy photo)...I have included two other rifles with the Crown/B marking, one is a Yugo M95M that I once owned and the other is from the internet of a non refurbed Yugo M1924, which are the last two photos
    Any thoughts or comments will be appreciated, Thanks for looking, Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes it looks like one of the czechoslovak rifles delivered to Yugoslavia, i personally doubt about the 92000 rifles Vz.24 delivered to Yugoslavia, some czechoslovak sources speaks about lower numbers.b.r.Andy

Very nice! I have never seen a photo of one of these that went to Yugoslavia and was not refurbished post war. Is it known what the crown-B symbolizes?
    It could possibly have seen German service and remained un-altered and came here as a bring back. It does seem that some of the refurbished M24/52C's saw some prior German service, as I have seen a take down washer added to the stocks on some of those in the past. Perhaps many VZ-24's of non-Yugoslavian origin ended up in their custody at wars end as well along with the K98k's.
    Last edited by Stan; 09-30-2016 at 02:38 PM.

It could be the rifle was stored anywhere, it doesnt have any german upgrades or yugoslavian using postwar, the cyrilica crown B (V) should be for yugoslavian inspector proof. b.r.Andy

Thank you Andy!

Really nice rifle Mike, I'm glad you grabbed it. Congrats!
    Pat
    For My Fallen Brothers:
    WW 2001
    WS 2004
    MD 2009
    JH 2009
    ER 2009
    DS 2009
    DN 2009
    WB 2014

Never Forgotten.

Thanks for the comments and some confirmation on what I thought...Thanks again, Mike