Third Party Press

Thread: Army 1945 dated M43 cap

Collector /Militaria Dealer Gerard's Avatar

Default Army 1945 dated M43 cap

Thought I would post this, as it's a perfect match to a 1945 dated k98. Factory untouched, F45 stamped for Frankfurt depot, 1945. RB numbered. Wool is a recycled type. Very scarce to find. Enjoy!

Gerard

WTB: K98 rifles that are matching and untouched. See my want list:http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....ched-condition

very nice...BILL

a real beauty.....congrats

Whew, I like it!
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

What scares me is how GOOD the new repros are of the M43 - I sold one recently at a gunshow, and I was even doubting if it was real or repro. I just HOPE I did not sell a genuine one for $30!
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Vulch View Post
    What scares me is how GOOD the new repros are of the M43 - I sold one recently at a gunshow, and I was even doubting if it was real or repro. I just HOPE I did not sell a genuine one for $30!
    Very true, but this is my true area of expertise. This is a no questions cap. Also, it's not the repros that are good, it's the forgeries made to fool collectors.
    WTB: K98 rifles that are matching and untouched. See my want list:http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....ched-condition

Yeah, I've seen M43's made from damaged greatcoats that were pretty spot on, but like all fakes there are tells.
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

Vulch, very good point and you're right. However, this one looks good to me Gerard, my immediate reaction was very positive as to all aspects of it. Very cool hat and hard to find. Thanks for sharing it, pic stickied.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Vulch, very good point and you're right. However, this one looks good to me Gerard, my immediate reaction was very positive as to all aspects of it. Very cool hat and hard to find. Thanks for sharing it, pic stickied.
    Thanks guys. HB, this is actually what a common made 1945 date M43 looks like. I have had 3 over the years that were exactly like this. They have a salt/pepper thin cotton lining material and usually the machine embroidered trap.

Default Great one

That is a great one. I got one very similar from a seller in the Ukrain. No trapazoid though. Looked unissued.

I often wondered if it was original it was so clean.

It had a vendor name Val. Mehler A. -G Fulda
    1943 written inside with the size 58 I think. Looks like the script was the original I have seen in other WWII items.

Bestens,

Jager