Third Party Press

Army 1945 dated M43 cap

Gerard

Collector /Militaria Dealer
Thought I would post this, as it's a perfect match to a 1945 dated k98. Factory untouched, F45 stamped for Frankfurt depot, 1945. RB numbered. Wool is a recycled type. Very scarce to find. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Gerard

m4345.jpg

What scares me is how GOOD the new repros are of the M43 - I sold one recently at a gunshow, and I was even doubting if it was real or repro. I just HOPE I did not sell a genuine one for $30!

What scares me is how GOOD the new repros are of the M43 - I sold one recently at a gunshow, and I was even doubting if it was real or repro. I just HOPE I did not sell a genuine one for $30!

Very true, but this is my true area of expertise. This is a no questions cap. Also, it's not the repros that are good, it's the forgeries made to fool collectors.

Yeah, I've seen M43's made from damaged greatcoats that were pretty spot on, but like all fakes there are tells.

Vulch, very good point and you're right. However, this one looks good to me Gerard, my immediate reaction was very positive as to all aspects of it. Very cool hat and hard to find. Thanks for sharing it, pic stickied.

Vulch, very good point and you're right. However, this one looks good to me Gerard, my immediate reaction was very positive as to all aspects of it. Very cool hat and hard to find. Thanks for sharing it, pic stickied.

Thanks guys. HB, this is actually what a common made 1945 date M43 looks like. I have had 3 over the years that were exactly like this. They have a salt/pepper thin cotton lining material and usually the machine embroidered trap.

Great one

That is a great one. I got one very similar from a seller in the Ukrain. No trapazoid though. Looked unissued.

I often wondered if it was original it was so clean.

It had a vendor name Val. Mehler A. -G Fulda
1943 written inside with the size 58 I think. Looks like the script was the original I have seen in other WWII items.

Bestens,

Jager

Military Rifle Journal
Back