Third Party Press

Israeli and Turkish k98

Family prepper

Registered
I have an 8mm Turkish Mauser and an Israeli k98 in 7.62
Now the question I have is I tried to fit the Israeli to my Turkish stock and they are slightly different
Are they meant to be the same or where the two different when made

If you are referring to the 1930's Turkish mausers with and a K98k Israeli conversion, then AFAIK they are two very different rifles. The first is based on the Gewehr 98 and similar to the G98(m) - the second is a later modified version of this (K98).

Anyone else to firmly shed some light?

Turkish 8mm Mauser is too vague a description to give much further info. Especially if the mentioned various models converted from 7.65 to 7.92 in the 1930's are taken into account.

IF the Turk is the common as crow sheet Ankara refurb of the Model 1903, then no, it won't fit a K98 stock and vice versa. If it is a Gew98 conversion, then it SHOULD, but the barrel profiles will be different, rear sight collar placement different, handguard ring and so on.

Begs the question - why would you want to put an Israeli in a Turk stock, when Israeli stocks are still easy to get at gunshows (here in QLD, I see a fair few), or an ex-RC K98 stock is simple too (I have a spare cupped buttplate K98 stock).

Then again, Turks are typically $100 to $150 rifles, so sometimes cheaper than a K98 stock :) (I have never and will never pay more than $100 for a Turk - they make OK shooters, but are really good for practicing rust reblueing and stock restoration :D)

..are really good for practicing rust reblueing and stock restoration :D)

This. I'll get to try my hand at both on a $30. 88/05/35, Turk'd and then Bubba'd. At least it shoots well given it's "new" barrel.

Military Rifle Journal
Back