Third Party Press

E.LEITZ 7X50 Dienstglas w/case

mauser99

I figured I post a set of service glas for a change. I've kinda got into collecting bino's and like anything else there are a truck load of variations in all sizes. I do prefer the 6x30 standard fieldglass but, I came across these and grabbed them. The early dated leather was the reason I grabbed them. The lense cover I assume was made or atleast marked by Leitz there is a large waffenampt lightly stamped in the center."barely visible" and the case was made by Kroymann & co Hamburg 1937 WaA279..

Attachments

• 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 33
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Nice set of glasses. Though the case and glasses are from different periods, at least they are the same maker.

I have a later set of cxn (Emil Busch) with the black krinkle paint on the objective bells. They are great binos. I also have an early (1937, I believe) set of Leitz 6x30 Dienstglas, great optics.

I like the "KF" and circle marking on yours.

Jeff

binos

thanks ditch.. Yes, I know the age difference but, the early case and lense cover are super scarce. I have seen those late cnx type glass.
Those are cool and would like to grab a set. These are for cold weather with the blue dot and k.f. rating of the grease.

I just picked up a set just like these at my local antique store. Mine are in a different case, it looks just like this one, but it has the same latch as the gasmask canister. Any clue what they could be worth?
I payed next to nothing with them, so even if they are worthless, I still think they are cool. Very high quality optics, fully functional.

Thanks,

Chris.

Also, does anyone know a source for the cover for the viewing lenses that attaches to the neck strap? I would like to have one as I am planning on using these for World War Two reenacting and I would like to keep junk out of the lenses if at all possible.

Military Rifle Journal
Back