Third Party Press

BCD/BNZ 4 fully matching factory new

The counter bored barrels are not factory, except for VK98 and only then because the front sight was welded on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The counter bored barrels are not factory, except for VK98 and only then because the front sight was welded on.

Mike, I went back and checked the barrel on my gun and the dimensions are not the same as Law stated. It seems that at a closer observation only the lands were cut back to about 32mm and the diameter stayed at about .835 mm. Why this was cut I haven't a clue. Looking down the barrel you can just see the tool marks from the lathe cutting. Any insight would be appreciated. Anyhow thanks Mike for the post, with out that I wouldn't have looked any farther and just thought it was the counter boring that Law stated. Have you seen any other guns like this?

The factory did not counter bore 98k barrels so I suspect it was done after it was made. I've never seen one either, but that surely wouldn't pass HWA inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information, by the way it shoots very nice. Wish there was more information on this code I haven't run across another one so I'm still glad that I bought this one. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
Bernie

Military Rifle Journal
Back