Third Party Press

1938 k98ss elite

max

Greetings fellow enthusiasts,

First of all thanks for putting together Mauser Walhalla. However exhaustive, I couldn't find anything on this rifle I recently came across. The owner told me that it was made by Mauser in Borsigwalde (code 243) in a limited run. According to a big collector it was used by the LAH for parades. Anyone out there with some history on this piece?

Best regards,
max

Attachments

• elite01.jpg
    elite01.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 173
  • elite02.jpg
    elite02.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 137
Sorry, it is a post-war fake. The barrel has been cut short, and mated to what looks like a Yugoslavian(?) stock. If you haven't bought it, don't. If you have, get your money back.

I have to agree with Ryan, pure fantasy. If someone told you that I would ask him to show you some documentation or photo evidence of it.

Please identify

Greetings fellow enthusiasts,

First of all thanks for putting together Mauser Walhalla. However exhaustive, I couldn't find anything on this rifle I recently came across. The owner told me that it was made by Mauser in Borsigwalde (code 243) in a limited run. According to a big collector it was used by the LAH for parades. Anyone out there with some history on this piece?

Best regards,
max

Please let us know who the big collector is...I would love to meet the world's most ignorant collector.....:laugh:

If you want to get started in this field this is the place to start.:welcome:

According to a big collector it was used by the LAH for parades. Anyone out there with some history on this piece?

5507239_NegerMP441.jpg

I still love that picture... :) EVERY darned WW2 firearm you can think of, coupled with a Hakim and Vz52, and even a Spanish M43....

Mp44, Beretta thingy, Hakim, Carcano, Vz52, M14, M43 and a MAS49/56

BTW, I can assure you the Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler used standard weapons, not bubba abortion creations like this one.

Vulch, you are dead wrong. Everybody knows (or should know by now) that for parade the LAH used nickle-plated Gew 98Ms with gold-plated bolts, bands, and buttplates, Philippine mahogany stocks, the the butt firing pin takedown washer replaced by a gold-plated disk with the SS runes in black, the LAH cypher in German silver inlaid into the right side of the butt behind the takedown washer and white leather slings to match their white leather belts and bayonet frogs. See: Munchausen, Sonderwaffen der Waffen-SS, Dresden, Walpurgis, 1955, pp. 508-621.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Thank's for the quick replies. Have any of you ever seen this rifle before? And if so in what context?

Best regards,
max

Hey guys,

Thank's for the quick replies. Have any of you ever seen this rifle before? And if so in what context?

Best regards,
max

The rifle is FAKE/WRONG/BS/NOT LEGIT/FRAUD/BAD....

Someone cut down - crudely - a K98and to try to make it "beter" added one of the fake Mg13 mag adaptors and mags that were available for a while.

There is NOTHING right or genuine about the rifle. It is WORTHLESS - worth even less than a Russian Capture.

If you bought it, send it back and DEMAND your money back. Get lawyers involved if necessary.

If you did not, laugh and walk away.

Smart

What Hambone is trying to say is that African girl and her friends are more likely to have been LAH than the rifle you showed. :biggrin1:

That Hambone is pretty smart...is that picture an example of a hyperbole/juxtaposition comedy ? :laugh:

Give him a bottle of Jack for it and then Chrome Plate it.

Rename it "The King Hunting Tiger II K98K Tanker Mauser" and resell it back to
the "Big Collector".

are those a couple of colored braclets on her/his wrist that some folks wear around here for various diseases??

The rifle is FAKE/WRONG/BS/NOT LEGIT/FRAUD/BAD....

So you've handled this type of rifle before and verified that is was fake?

Someone cut down - crudely - a K98and to try to make it "beter" added one of the fake Mg13 mag adaptors and mags that were available for a while.

The mg13 mags are still available. How can you tell the difference between a genuine and a fake mag?

There is NOTHING right or genuine about the rifle. It is WORTHLESS - worth even less than a Russian Capture.

Clearly our sense of value differs. Consider the millions of Russian lives that were lost in order to capture them. You can't put a pricetag on that.

If you bought it, send it back and DEMAND your money back. Get lawyers involved if necessary.

The rifle is not listed as LAH and the price reflects that. It's a bargain really.

If you did not, laugh and walk away.

Laughing I am, just not the type to walk away.

Best regards,
max

So you've handled this type of rifle before and verified that is was fake?

Do some research - find another. look at period documents, find another. Simply, you won't find one because it is a creation of someone recently

The mg13 mags are still available. How can you tell the difference between a genuine and a fake mag?

Yes, I meant only the mag adaptor triggerguard is fake/repro. Not the mags. My error

Clearly our sense of value differs. Consider the millions of Russian lives that were lost in order to capture them. You can't put a pricetag on that.

Yes, but I was stating the rifle you showed is worth LESS than a RC rifle. NOT that an RC is worthless

The rifle is not listed as LAH and the price reflects that. It's a bargain really.

Where is the rifle listed? Be interesting to see the description. It's the "Big Collector" that is in gross error. He obviously does not collect GErman rifles if he considered this one legitimate

Laughing I am, just not the type to walk away.

Yes, RUN away from it

Best regards,
max

Answered in red above

Here's some pictures of LAH troops. Notice the rifles - some in PARADE - NONE having MG13 mags, and ALL having regular nosecaps (Max's rifle has been cut behind the nosecap and barrel shortened, and can no longer even mount a bayonet)

leibstandarte_kar98k.gif

Leibstandarte.jpg

20.jpg

Hope that helps.

Of course, Hambone is beyond help now ;)

Military Rifle Journal
Back