Third Party Press
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1938 k98ss elite

Senior Member Winchester Cowboy's Avatar

Who's the "Big Collector" selling it?

It's now Time for the Bristol Stool Scale and time to "Rate This Rifle":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Stool_Scale

I vote for Type 3.

I saw a similar rifle being sold as an (East German Border Guard Rifle) with MG13 modification. I think that is more realistic story than an SS LAH parade rifle.

Even the above story is maybe far fetched.

Hey guys,

The big collector is not the owner of this rifle, though he owns one as well. The SS affiliation was not stated as cold fact but merely suggested for entertainment purposes, so hold your turds. It's not listed online so I can't provide a link.

This one is supposed to have been used in Vietnam by the NVA.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Vulch View Post
    Hope that helps.

Of course, Hambone is beyond help now ;)

With regard to the Mauser allegedly used by the NVA. That is a B.S. story. The local Viet Cong did in fact use 98k rifles, supplied by the Chinese, who got them from the Soviet Union, who captured them from the Germans. They did not sport a Bull Sh*t MG13 magazine, but were standard 98k type rifles, that exhibited extreme wear to the metal and wood. VietNam after all is extremely damp and V.C. weapons were very poorly maintained.
    The N.V.A. regulars normally carried SKS rifles and AK47s [usually Chinese]. Anyone who served there can attest to this as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    A girl who doesnt own a pair of shoes , dressed in bed sheets,and living in a grass/mud hut is brandishing a 20K + weapon....what the hell is wrong with that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by agalland View Post
    A girl who doesnt own a pair of shoes , dressed in bed sheets,and living in a grass/mud hut is brandishing a 20K + weapon....what the hell is wrong with that picture.
    One thing wrong with that tribal NFA funshow is that she's jumping around hooting and such with her finger on the trigger. If that pup happened to have a hot chamber and magfull she could have an accident that would make her highly unpopular with the tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by agentcq View Post
    I saw a similar rifle being sold as an (East German Border Guard Rifle) with MG13 modification. I think that is more realistic story than an SS LAH parade rifle.

Even the above story is maybe far fetched.
    Saw a couple of those too. Indeed I think it's safe to assume that they were not used by the ss for parades, wouldn't be very practical to shoulder anyway. Thanks for your input.

Best regards,
    max

Quote Originally Posted by mto7464 View Post
    are those a couple of colored braclets on her/his wrist that some folks wear around here for various diseases??
    Those bracelets are being worn because of a shortage of LAH cuff titles!

Quote Originally Posted by basile View Post
    With regard to the Mauser allegedly used by the NVA. That is a B.S. story. The local Viet Cong did in fact use 98k rifles, supplied by the Chinese, who got them from the Soviet Union, who captured them from the Germans. They did not sport a Bull Sh*t MG13 magazine, but were standard 98k type rifles, that exhibited extreme wear to the metal and wood. VietNam after all is extremely damp and V.C. weapons were very poorly maintained.
    The N.V.A. regulars normally carried SKS rifles and AK47s [usually Chinese]. Anyone who served there can attest to this as fact.
    The one in the picture is claimed to be from the Robert Ball estate. According to his bio he was a major in the USAF, stationed at Da Nang and shot down somewhere over Quang Tri on june 10, 1968. He is honored on panel 58W, row 17 of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. Whether he has anything to do with this rifle is to be seen.

Best regards,
    max