Slow at work so I thought I'd share...

Attachments

• IMG_2204.JPG
    IMG_2204.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2205.JPG
    IMG_2205.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 138
Looks like a nice collection of rifles to me, give it time and it will continue to grow. Are you going to specialize in a type of rifle. In the beginning I collected anything WWII but I narrowed my collection to training rifles, especially the German one's.

Love the timber on the 71/84[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys...The GEW98 is a DWM1916 The stock is beat up and it has pits on the recvr from poor storage but its all matching with a near mint bore. The story that came with it was it was a bring back by a vet from Belleu Wood. But who knows. Yes I started out pretty much anything milsurp that caught my interest but now I primarily look for turn of the last century vintage. They few old timers I talk guns with in my area are all about high end cowboy guns and cant understand why I spend crazy $ on crappy old mausers and pistols nobody makes ammo for. I should probably unload some of the guns ive lost interest in to free up some play money.

The old timers don't have to understand why you collect what you do. The key is that you enjoy what you collect. The experience of each generation is different which will lead to the different collecting tastes. I think my dad grew up on westerns so his interest is in the single action revolvers and lever action rifles. I grew up playing war with a hodge podge of military surplus items; World War I and II helmets, belted ammo, two law rocket launchers, and military jackets and such. We would build forts called Naverone and run around the woods all day. I think that is where my military surplus interest came from. The end goal for all of this is enjoyment.

Military Rifle Journal
Back