Third Party Press

1940 G33/40 Stock Stamps

ekafant

I have a 1940 G33/40, all matching save for the bolt. Have noticed that the metal is not stamped with various markings, like the K98s. Stocks on these earlier G33/40s are full of stamps though. Right side of the butt, in front of the grip, etc. Anyone know what part of the production process these various stamps are from? I have tried to find info on the subject, but cannot really find anything.

I don't think anyone knows which procedure for which stamp. They are definitely full of cartouches. My 41 has 8 acceptance on the stock and HG. Haha

I believe I have the same number. Would be nice to know.

what locations? i have a matching stock/hg, and i'll check.

i know there are 3 on the butt and one on the grip.

might be more, I can check.

mines a '41. might be the same though

Last edited:
I have

One on the handguard
One wrist
One on the grip ball
3 on the side of the butt
2 on the keel

i have:
1 handguad
1 on wrist right behind trigger
1 on ball
3 on side of butt opposite side of guard.

not sure what you mean by keel? behind the buttplate? i've never had that off. screws are tight, and i don't want to mess with them

Gents I was told if the stock is stamped with "dot" on the underside of the butt where the external serial number is located the stock is a repro stock is there any truth to this

No. Usually the dot marked stocks were meant as armorers replacement stocks, there used to be a lot of them for sale on ebay years and years ago, I would see at least 2-3 a year.

Military Rifle Journal
Back