Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blonde bnz. 43 a block

Default Blonde bnz. 43 a block

I won this one on a fairly known auction site. Thanks to the generic auction title and description she managed to stay under the radar. The description didn't state it was all matching but I got good feelings from what I saw in the auction pictures. I set my max bid to just over a bolt mismatch, and come auction time only a bidder onsite and I were bidding. His bids took my bids out of my bolt mismatch comfort zone, so I took a gamble...he stopped bidding at a very fair price. Well the rifle showed up a few days ago and I couldn't be more pleased! Without this forum and all the knowledgeable people here I probably wouldn't have known what to look for and I probably would've not took that chance!

Nearly unused 'a' block bnz. 43 with in-house made laminate stock. The only external proofs on the stock is a tiny e/623 on the wrist, a 'P' mark on the heel and a WaA623 near the rear band. Ive never heard or seen of WaA located there?! The sling is marked 'Kar' and 'ftt/41' and the keeper is marked 'gan 41'. There appears to be a last name "Hell?nthal" along with a "G-4513" written in ink on the sling. Possibly a inventory number or last name of the vet or the soldat? The butt plate is ink stamped 'jvd' subcontractor marked. The Barrel code is 91 'w' Ru WaA623. I like the remnants of the stain left on the recoil lug and take down discs.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by THunter; 06-04-2011 at 04:08 PM.

More pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well done and congrats TH. Nice rifle. Pic stickied.

Thats a home run! I've never seen a proof at that spot on the stock either, but many stocks are so worn a proof that light wouldn't show up.
    Last edited by mrfarb; 06-04-2011 at 04:44 PM.
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

I haven't noticed an waffenamt there either before. Usually such odd placement represents some correction or acceptable flaw? Like the Sauer receiver bridges sometimes get. Any noticeable flaw in the area?

I agree a home run for you, and the sling is something else too! I didn't have that maker recorded for a sling before, - a Munich firm that made holsters.

A mighty fine rifle and good for you on taking the stretch!

Simply gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by SimsonSuhl View Post
    I haven't noticed an waffenamt there either before. Usually such odd placement represents some correction or acceptable flaw? Like the Sauer receiver bridges sometimes get. Any noticeable flaw in the area?
    Logically that's what it must be. That tiny e/623 can be found many times stamped in the stock well of Steyr production as well. It must indicate inspection of routing. The placement of that one would seem to be the recess cut for the lower band. I've never seen that either on a stock in that location.

Default bnz

Damn nice!

Ranger-1

I don't usually like Steyr, BUT...
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid

Is that a scope you have in your pocket?

Does not get much better than that .
    Best Regards