Third Party Press
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1943 Colt 1911a1 rig vet buy opinions

Default 1943 Colt 1911a1 rig vet buy opinions

Bought this from the vets son,his dad was an officer.Great cond. has 3 mags,mag pouch, belt with lanyard,holster and medical pouch all dated 1943.Mags in pouch are marked with an L on toe,mag in gun is marked R.

pictures of the Colt
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is one nice looking .45. Don't think it ever saw the inside of a holster.

Looks like a killer rig! The last WWII Colt I had that was that minty had been issued to a doctor who only wore it for inspections. I believe they'd stopped numbering the slides by your serial range but all in all, I doubt that you would find a better Colt anywhere in terms of condition.

I buy capture paper guns ugafx4's Avatar

Mike Radford will be along to tell you all about it. My guess is he may fall out of his chair when he sees it. Looking at a high dollar piece there with an awesome rig. Even better you know the story. That's approaching holy grail for 1911 guys.

1944 produced Colt. I once had one with the "stick horse" like that, always thought those were cool. In general a common pistol but the condition is second to none, the fact that you got it from the vets son makes it that much cooler

Thanks guys I appreciate it!Seems to be all correct to me ,the med pouch still has the contents.The slide is not numbered on this one.Has some wear here and there but not much.The son said his dad was a naval officer. Boy if it was my dads I wouldnt sell it but he didnt have any interest in guns.The barrel and some small parts are blued looks like.So this was made in 1944,must have been early 44.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by atomspliter; 01-09-2017 at 10:25 PM.

Another awesome pistol Atom great piece! And I have heard that comment all too well. The family member that inherited the firearm had no interest in it. But at least it was passed on too someone who will appreciate it.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

I recently picked one of these up. Mid to late 43 serial # 115xxx just after colt stopped numbering the slides.

This one is early 44. So with all the correct period 44 dated accessories. Very nice. 1911/a1s are my favorite pistols for sure..

Its in top condition and very desirable in that condition.. Congrats !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mauser99 View Post
    I recently picked one of these up. Mid to late 43 serial # 115xxx just after colt stopped numbering the slides.

This one is early 44. So with all the correct period 44 dated accessories. Very nice. 1911/a1s are my favorite pistols for sure..

Its in top condition and very desirable in that condition.. Congrats !!!
    I'm fairly certain the the first colt serial block in 44 started in the 1.6 million range, as I have an early 44 in the same condition as the op's and it's a 1.6mil pistol. Colts last block in 43 ended at 1.2mil mark so late 43.

OP that's a beautiful gun, and rig congrats on the fine purchase.