Third Party Press

Diopter sight for Mauser bolt action .22

Here are some diopters from a friend's collection. He has mentioned he might be willing to sell one (or more?) but I don't have the details yet. Will let you know.
Steve

View attachment 137273
View attachment 137274
View attachment 137275

Given the pace at which I have acquired my few diopters, I will have been dead for more than a century before I ever had that many! That's truly an embarrassment of riches. Now I know where all the Mauser diopter sights go when they die.

BRP

I think I was speechless for five or ten minutes when I first saw this collection. He has been gathering these for some years, mostly if not completely around Europe I believe, but it still leaves me without adequate words. Incredible.
Steve

It makes my heart glad that all of my diopters are presently mounted on the rifles they were meant for. I get great satisfaction knowing that they are actually doing what they were intended to do; help me shoot my old Mausers (and one Walther) more accurately.

Of course I have several other old Mausers and Walthers that would be greatly improved by having a diopter, so I will keep on searching for them. I will never have anything like the collection pictured above, but I will slog along and keep looking.

BRP

I am very happy to have one. The collection is truly amazing. At some point your friends collection will go on the market and as much as I admire what he has accomplished, I would much prefer to see these on examples of the rifles they belong on. They need to come home IMHO.

Regards,

I am very happy to have one. The collection is truly amazing. At some point your friends collection will go on the market and as much as I admire what he has accomplished, I would much prefer to see these on examples of the rifles they belong on. They need to come home IMHO.

Regards,

He might have the rifles that they are used on. At some point all of our collections will end up on the open market as well. Wouldn't home be Germany?

He might have the rifles that they are used on. At some point all of our collections will end up on the open market as well. Wouldn't home be Germany?

I assumed that if he has the rifles they would be displayed on them. Because he is in Europe I did not assume he has the accompanying firearms. I have seen another European collector who has a collection of Mauser C-96 pistol holster stocks, no pistols, just the holster stocks and it was also an impressive collection. Yes, I guess you could say home is Germany but what I meant was to be paired with a rifle.

Regards,

He has some on rifles, and has posted one of those today with photos. I would always be glad to pick one of these up if I found it, whether I had a rifle to put it on currently or not, myself. Can't blame a guy for that. Here is a photo of some of his scopes.

Steve

roland scopes.jpg

He has some on rifles, and has posted one of those today with photos. I would always be glad to pick one of these up if I found it, whether I had a rifle to put it on currently or not, myself. Can't blame a guy for that. Here is a photo of some of his scopes.

Steve

View attachment 137726

Wow what an unbelievable collection - there must be 1000's of hours of searching gone into finding those. Has he found the almost unobtainable low factory 22mm scope mounts for the earlier series Mausers and the 26mm mounts for the "B" series rifle ?

Steve
Absolutely amazing collection !!!!Surely nobody can top this one..

Steve
Absolutely amazing collection !!!!Surely nobody can top this one..

View attachment 154636 View attachment 154637 View attachment 154638 View attachment 154639 145 Deutche K-K-Wehrportgewehre Pages 270 271.jpg Couverture recto.jpg

All scopes and diopters are pared with the KK rifles they are used on.

All items are inside book in english.

Clic on my web site : www.kkw-dsm34-22lr.com

Talk about being late to the party and then having a stroke seeing so many diopters in one place. Jeeez Louise.

Military Rifle Journal
Back