Third Party Press

Clips - ladestreifen 8x57 and 8x33 1934 - 1945 code list

Hello!

I had a question regarding "mpu-c-44" ladestreifen, are they scarce to find? Thank you

Last edited:
Hello!

I had a question regarding "mpu-c-44" ladestreifen, are they scarce to find? Thank you
They are fairly common now. Within the last couple years there was a lot of Czech 8mm ammo imported to the US that was on mpu-c-44, c-mpu-44, and c-mpu-45 chargers. I personally have probably more than 1000 such chargers.

duv

Last edited:
Well thanks, first time I come across this ladestreifen in hand so to speak, grabbed it since I'm trying to find different equipment pieces dated 44 and 45.

Also, what does the "c" means, I've noticed it was on other maker marks as well from 44 onwards?

Here's mine

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220718_110417.jpg
    Screenshot_20220718_110417.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Well thanks, first time I come across this ladestreifen in hand so to speak, grabbed it since I'm trying to find different equipment pieces dated 44 and 45.

Also, what does the "c" means, I've noticed it was on other maker marks as well from 44 onwards?

Here's mine

From what I understand, they were using thinner sheet metal stock to make these chargers towards the end of the war. Those particular chargers were marked with a "C".

From what I understand, they were using thinner sheet metal stock to make these chargers towards the end of the war. Those particular chargers were marked with a "C".
Oh OK, a bit like the late phosphated p38 mags with the letter specifying the materials. Thank you for helping me understand!

Military Rifle Journal
Back