Third Party Press

Fg42 type i approved!

bjrmg

The smoke stacks at SMG will be glowing and blowing black smoke; as their FG42 Type I was approved by ATF. First Type II buyers get your wallets out and be at the ready. bjrmg

Hi All,
OK, this blurb is about the type II but just wanted to share.........
Just wanted to assure you running rounds through your rifle will not hurt it. Sometime last year we sold one (straight production run type II) to Battle Field Vegas as a rental rifle. Now that will separate things out pretty fast as you know it will be shot some - if it holds together....

I can say honestly I crossed my fingers a bit though as it was just a straight production rifle and although we fired 15k plus through the shop rifle until one out in the wild gets some range time people are want to believe it.
Received this email the other day:
Rick,

Feel free to mention it being on the range. It's not a super high-round count but it's at least 10,000 rounds and to me, that's pretty amazing. I will be honest and I was just hoping to break even on it before something broke but couldn't be happier with the quality. So many of the reproduction guns on the market use cheap parts or cut corners because mfg's don't have the budget that governments did when originally designing the weapon.

Put us down for another rifle as I definitely want another.

V/R

Battlefield Vegas

So even though they may occasionally have a glitch we did try to build them to last!
Rick

FG42 I! Email sent to request deposit to FG42 to establish order.

Previous buyers have been notified that production will soon comence and it will be about 6 months to delivery we hope. Thanks Rick! JR out!

FG42 I! Email sent to request deposit to FG42 II buyers; to establish order.

Previous buyers have been notified that production will soon comence and it will be about 6 months to delivery we hope. Thanks Rick! JR out!

Great news. I don't own a type 2 (yet) was swaying more for type 1 when they become more available. Out of curiosity, how many type 2s have been made? Are they still being made? Is the type 1 going to be limited on production or?

Hi,

All type II buyers are being notified in the order of their original purchase. We send out some emails and then give a week or two before sending out more. Takes people a while to respond and we don't want overlapping lists as there is enough to keep me confused already. Also, since we are asking again for a 100 deposit I am hesitant to get too big of a list that has people waiting so long it seems non real.

But the prototype (2 of them) shoot great and we are working on parts every day. Just a big project. We are not going to open this up past type II owners until they have had a chance to take a spot or not.

I will have to admit that I finally relented to a guy that wanted to be on the non type II buyer list knowing there is NO way to tell how long it might be - a year or two or three - before we got to that list but he was adamant, and sent the deposit. I will also say I probably will get to see him not be happy about the wait....

So hold fast as we have just started the mailing and that will take a while to get to everyone with the way we are doing this. And thanks for your support and interest!

Rick

I will be in Rick if you will allow it. I didn't buy directly from you but I hope that doesn't disqualify me. If it does, I understand.

The way we are playing this, right, wrong, or indifferent, is when we get to the seriel number of a type II sold then we send an email. If that rifle sold to a dealer and then went to an individual, or was resold we will make the offer to the original purchaser and then to who ever owns it now. A buyer is a buyer and we know some resold and thats cool, hope everyone is happy and makes money!

We aren't doing anyone a favor selling them a rifle, they are doing us one by buying it! You will get an email when it comes up and we would be really happy to build one for you.

Military Rifle Journal
Back