Third Party Press

Wartime FN High Power value?

rpf2697

I need some help here.... what is an approximate value of a Wartime, German production FN High Power. Has original magazine and is matching with NRA very good condition. A general price would help to help me decide whether to purchase from local. Asking price is $650

Last edited:
Buy it for that.

Is it an a suffix? B suffix? No letter? Id say wide range 800 to 1150. Based on your description....id guess 900 to 1k.

Buy it for that.

Is it an a suffix? B suffix? No letter? Id say wide range 800 to 1150. Based on your description....id guess 900 to 1k.

I recall it being an L suffix and a five digit serial number... what does that indicate?

I need some help here.... what is a n approximate value of a Wartime, German production FN High Power. Has original magazine and is matching with NRA very good condition. A general price would help to help me decide whether to purchase from local. Asking price is $650

no brainer if nice for that price.. Rigs are selling in the 1800.00 range.

no brainer if nice for that price.. Rigs are selling in the 1800.00 range.

Not B block rigs to sane people. A nice, 90%+ late b block is $750-1000. Holster in superlative condition is $150-200. Spare late mag is $100-150. Tangents are a different matter, depending on what they are. Nice, original, 85% or better unmessed with tangents start in the $1100-1200 range and run up from there, from WaA140, WaA103, to WaA613, in that order.

B blocks are common. $650 for a nice matching one in 85% or better shape, unmessed with, nice bore, is a good price. It could fetch up to a grand, again if nice. The later phenolic resin brown grip ones are a little more desirable it seems as they are a variant.

Not B block rigs to sane people. A nice, 90%+ late b block is $750-1000. Holster in superlative condition is $150-200. Spare late mag is $100-150. Tangents are a different matter, depending on what they are. Nice, original, 85% or better unmessed with tangents start in the $1100-1200 range and run up from there, from WaA140, WaA103, to WaA613, in that order.

B blocks are common. $650 for a nice matching one in 85% or better shape, unmessed with, nice bore, is a good price. It could fetch up to a grand, again if nice. The later phenolic resin brown grip ones are a little more desirable it seems as they are a variant.

If you are patient all that could be pulled off Im sure. The rig That just sold this last week was a 200k range fixed site with 2 mags. 1800.00
all the fixed site guns to me fall into the same group less that very end Phosphate variants. very scarce.

Attachments

• pix620284804.jpg
    pix620284804.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 74
It does in fact have the phenolic brown resin grips so I am glad that they are less common as that sweetens the deal for me.

Here are some pics. I am thinking it may be phosphate?

Attachments

• IMG_1392.jpg
    IMG_1392.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1393.jpg
    IMG_1393.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 77
http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?5953-Hi-Powers

This is where it gets tough. I would consider the above pistols in the link NRA very fine. Yours has a good amount of wear. Some late high powers had thin finish, and I have seen some that came from the factory close to that. The grips are a couple hundred and the mag is a couple hundred. I would have bought it.

Guess I was looking at the modern gun scale. I see antique and think pre 1899 legally.

Here are some pics. I am thinking it may be phosphate?

No, just badly worn. Here is one later from a jack the dog auction showing blued finish.

Attachments

• img_5145_jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
    img_5145_jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 54
  • img_5148_jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
    img_5148_jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 51
If you are patient all that could be pulled off Im sure. The rig That just sold this last week was a 200k range fixed site with 2 mags. 1800.00
all the fixed site guns to me fall into the same group less that very end Phosphate variants. very scarce.

About six months ago I found a much nicer (as in solid 95%+) no letter block for $950 that was sitting unsold. I think I paid $900 shipped. The holster is about $150-200 and the spare mag about $100. Oh, the general assault is about $100-150 if it has the pin, which is usually remove to make such "vet art." So someone paid about a $500-600 premium. That said, I wouldn't take $1250 for my fixed sight no letter block. Patience (under a year) and a little work pay off. Needing it "right now" has its associated cost, and I've paid that too.

As stated Rpf, it's just worn. The bluing on these after the no letter block was a bit crappy in quality. I don't think you could get hurt in the 600s.

I need some help here.... what is an approximate value of a Wartime, German production FN High Power. Has original magazine and is matching with NRA very good condition. A general price would help to help me decide whether to purchase from local. Asking price is $650

Now that its been seen I would pass if you can. Or get it for 500 or there abouts. There is pretty much zero finish on it.

I agree,I would have to pass on it, looks to be about 30% worn blued finish if that,this b block I picked up a while back,I would say is 90% or better for 600.00,yes a good deal I think on it,probably worth more like 750.00-850.00 ,never heard of a phosphate finish one.

Attachments

• MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 28
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 24
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I don't know anymore back in the day we could pickup 640b for two tfifty slotted tangets 400 or so but those days have been gone now for forty years or more they were always a higher priced gun compared to P38 , VIS etc I see them now for 800 and up depending on who has it and how bad it is wanted. There are some nice ones posted bring back memories. timothy

Military Rifle Journal
Back