Third Party Press

Wiselite M53 question

Noxswg

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Wiselite Yugo M53's? My buddy is offering to sell me one he picked up from Wiselite a few months back and I curious about anyone's experience with them? I am also wondering if original MG42 parts will interchange with them? I have an original MG42 top cover, feed tray and barrel I picked up years ago or another project and I am wondering if they will work on the wiselite guns?

Thanks,

Mg42/m53

I put M53 parts on my MG42 when I shoot it, to keep the original parts in good condition. The only part part that I found was not interchangable was the M53 stock does not fit on an original buffer. But, the M53 buffer fits in the MG42, so I just used both M53 stock and buffer.

Also, since I reload, so I ordered the 7.62 NATO kit from RTG guns. The 7.62 NATO or MG3 top cover has some improvements. If you reload, I would go with 7.62 NATO, brass and bullets are easier to find and cheaper.

I am getting ready to test some 308 220 grain lead cast bullets. I am using Hytek coating and gas checks with 36 grains of IMR4064. I loaded just half a belt to see if it cycles and if I get any lead build up.

Parts will interchange /// quality runs from good to shite

Military Rifle Journal
Back