Third Party Press

Painted rifles

Here I have a document with many further details for you.

Simply outstanding source information Stephan, as good as information and post quality gets for the serious student of the hobby and history :happy0180:

Siderail sniper from member Ljoconnor:

Attachments

• 98k Sniper camo rifle - Copy.jpg
    98k Sniper camo rifle - Copy.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 150
Thanks Hambone. It is also shrapnel struck by the upper band. This walked in to a Norfolk NE. Show and had no scope or bolt and was bought by me friend for $65.00 It cost me a lot more and many years of interest in it before I was able to obtain it from him. I remember when he first told me about it. He is 82 now and sold me a few items from his collection because he wants me to be able to have a few of his favorites. It’s one of the worst condition guns I have ever had but it’s one of the coolest also in my opinion. Hope you like it I sure do. I don’t post much as you can see but Hambone has seen many of my posts on ghw and he comments on some of the best things I have posted. He does have pretty good taste in my opinion. Thanks Larry O’Connor

Painted Rifles

I have a Sauer High Turret with some camo paint still left on it in areas and another regular BYF rifle with some camo still left on the butt plate. Very nice article and post. Thank you.

Brian

Larry that is a very interesting rife. I don’t own a sniper or a battle damaged rifle, but think they are both very cool. To have it all on one rifle and camoed doesn’t get much better.

I should take photos of my dou43. It has inexplicable splotches if green paint. Old and mostly worn away. Similar in shade to the camp qve I owed posted above.

I don’t post much as you can see but Hambone has seen many of my posts on ghw and he comments on some of the best things I have posted. He does have pretty good taste in my opinion. Thanks Larry O’Connor

Thank you, I would have to say you have excellent taste as well Larry. :happy0180:

I had found the attached two pictures on the internet and liked them so much I had to post them. Sorry if they are already known to most here, for me they were new!

Attachments

• 8F597D8A-855F-468F-9EA2-6A333235C30E.jpeg
    8F597D8A-855F-468F-9EA2-6A333235C30E.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 87
  • A0A4460F-1EB5-4774-A2C6-2D61EB3388CC.jpeg
    A0A4460F-1EB5-4774-A2C6-2D61EB3388CC.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 85
I had found the attached two pictures on the internet and liked them so much I had to post them. Sorry if they are already known to most here, for me they were new!

I think the photos show soldiers from the 1. Skijäger-Brigade in the area of the Pripet Marshes.

888.jpg

wintermp.jpg

Military Rifle Journal
Back