Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robert's work

Default Robert's work

Guys, I just received my order from Robert - a set of HT late war rings, No1 reticle (IF I decide to change, which I doubt), front sunshade (NOT arctic shade - that's next) and a couple saddle screws as spares.

I am simply FLOORED by the quality!!!!!!!! Comparing them to those Ukrainian repros is simply folly - those Ukrainian repros are utter JUNK compared to the craftsmanship Robert puts into these.

Honestly, if I didn't tell you they were made 2 weeks ago, you'd swear they came out of 1945...

I know Robert has some difficulty shipping to the USA because of Obama's ludicrous new laws on imports and the $9 fee the US charges every nation for parcels over 500 grams to cover "security inspection", so IF anyone wants something, and Robert is willing to make it, I am more than happy to be a middle man and send on to the USA (since Australia has no problems on items to the USA unlike Austria)

Now to get these puppies mounted...
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid

Senior Member Winchester Cowboy's Avatar

The workmanship and quality are excellent like you say. I have one of his HT sets mounted on a K98.

It would make a great video of the HT mounts being machined on the lathe and mill.

Lewis, post some pics of mounts if you get a chance, I would like to see his work. Regards GR

I agree, Robert really does phenomenal work. He did a set of late rings for my HT, that back ring was really rough machined, just like a correct latewar one would be, identical. Odd that the fronts stayed more finely finished that late in the war, but the rear rings look like they were made with an extremely dull tool.

Jeff
    Collecting latewar K98k rifles and snipers and scopes, and WWII German 6x30 binoculars.

INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Is that a scope you have in your pocket?

All these Remarks is Exactly what I have been telling all who have thought about doing a Repro German Sniper for Years . No Comparison Workmanship out there that even comes close to what Robert does .
    He is the best I know of . Very Happy to say so also . Best Regards

Just the attention to detail is phenomenal - from the milling work, to the finer details like the roll pin, the PRECISE clicks of the ball bearing detent...

And the blueing - CORRECT for how it should be. Correct degree of sheen and colour, and just that hint of bare metal peaking through the edges.

To the RW stamp on the right side of the rear mount.

Just perfect. Robert, if you read this, words cannot begin to describe the pleasure and satisfaction you brought to me, and as well all others you have helped I am sure!

And Robert included a free rubber eye cup too, as well as a length of the CORRECT soft-solder to finish it (German made, naturally ), which he did not have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Roberts View Post
    All these Remarks is Exactly what I have been telling all who have thought about doing a Repro German Sniper for Years . No Comparison Workmanship out there that even comes close to what Robert does .
    He is the best I know of . Very Happy to say so also . Best Regards
    Not just reproduction snipers Dave, restorations too, like my HT that was missing the scope and rings as you know.

I spent a good deal of time yesterday comparing the rings to good photographs from yourself and some others, and I hazard to say that Roberts work is simply INDISTINGUISHABLE from originals.

Maybe we should christen him Waffenwerke Spielauer

We Demand Pictures!
    Looking for front an rear bands for
    bcd 7661 & byf (WaA135) -3859

"The great battleships are gone, like the reign of the dinosaurs, but only because they have been replaced by more fearsome weapons. Bismarck stands her post in the underworld, a home now to gentile sea creatures, and a eternal reminder of a time when the world went mad"

Just took 'em - uploading soon - just doing some pics of the rescued sniper stock too.

Some pictures of Robert's craftsmanship:
    Attached Images Attached Images