Third Party Press

Borsigwalde K98k Serials and Data

Thanks for the insight and explanation. There you go for pictures, to confirm that this rifle is real and update your database!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 134
Thanks, you are right, it is a new high for this year so far as I am aware. I looked in V1 last night and I think this is a new high for Mike & Bruce too.

Is the right receiver acceptance e/280 x1, e/26 x2 and the siderail Mod.98 (small like this, not MOD.98? It should be, the large MOD ended earlier in 1938) Also is there any thing after the 38 Ru 16_ _ on the barrel?

Sorry I had to let you wait a few days, but was a few days off on holiday and didn't have the rifle at hand.

Right side of the receiver is marked (from left to right) 280, 28, 28, rear sight on the right side three times the small 28. Receiver is "Mod.98" marked (exactly that way).

Barrel is "38 Ru 162" marked, probably more below the wood but would have to disassemble it to see that.

Thanks for taking the time to check, the barrel code is very helpful, it is the first 243/38 with a full lot from Ruhrstahl recorded, though I suspected it was in the hundreds (not two digits) because several 243/40 with ru/38 barrels have lots in the 160's, though I do like to be sure where possible. The barrel coding pattern for MB changed in 1938, so a lot of weird recordings, it is good to get another good one.

If you need any more information upon that rifle, let me know. Also pictures shouldn't be a problem. And ask them as long as I have it, since I should sell the rifle for him!

I appreciate the offer, but all I need is the data for trends work, it all fits others in its range (e/26 though - MB didn't use e/28) so I am sure this is fine for the purposes I use information for.

I do not typically use pictures for other purposes. Thanks though!

You're probably right .. they could be 26 aswell.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 114
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 81
Thanks, all the better to see them, I just didn't want to put you to the trouble of breaking it out again, - but thanks!

Here's my Borsigwald info...

fe1e2dc0-c8ab-40ee-917f-e931c7fb755b_zps4a9450eb.jpg

de855cd3-8083-4a7d-8b78-9ceef9be3d29_zps59111843.jpg

5b17cfb7-3d31-495a-8775-c31f7b9df7d5_zps2ac1ae9d.jpg

Last edited:
That rifle closes the range on when they dropped the "S" in S/243, though we do not know if overlap in the practice occurred. V1 might have better ranges than I do, but this is helpful to my trends work figures, - thanks!

It is the lot number of the barrel code, or at least part of it, - most known BC are Döhlen and Silesia in this range, but it could Ruhrstahl too, impossible to say with just the last two digits of the lot number.

When you take the stock off one day jot down the full code.

Ar 41

My AR 41 serial#5403 d.All parts including trigger and firing pin match. It was a sporter. I now have the correct stock and band spring, just waiting to find the correct barrel bands.

1939 243. 4910L. Luft stamped barrel/receiver. All matching (barrel, receiver, bolt/parts, mag spring/follower, mag plate/screws, front sight). Non-matching upper bands #5715 Wa26. Heer marked laminated P marked(aft of wrist on bottom of spine, "7" marked bottom of forearm, Wa26 stock/disks, flat buttplate Wa26 with 5715 lined out re-stamped -87169- . Original sling.

Military Rifle Journal
Back