Third Party Press
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Borsigwalde K98k Serials and Data

Thanks for the insight and explanation. There you go for pictures, to confirm that this rifle is real and update your database!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks, you are right, it is a new high for this year so far as I am aware. I looked in V1 last night and I think this is a new high for Mike & Bruce too.

Is the right receiver acceptance e/280 x1, e/26 x2 and the siderail Mod.98 (small like this, not MOD.98? It should be, the large MOD ended earlier in 1938) Also is there any thing after the 38 Ru 16_ _ on the barrel?

Sorry I had to let you wait a few days, but was a few days off on holiday and didn't have the rifle at hand.

Right side of the receiver is marked (from left to right) 280, 28, 28, rear sight on the right side three times the small 28. Receiver is "Mod.98" marked (exactly that way).

Barrel is "38 Ru 162" marked, probably more below the wood but would have to disassemble it to see that.

Thanks for taking the time to check, the barrel code is very helpful, it is the first 243/38 with a full lot from Ruhrstahl recorded, though I suspected it was in the hundreds (not two digits) because several 243/40 with ru/38 barrels have lots in the 160's, though I do like to be sure where possible. The barrel coding pattern for MB changed in 1938, so a lot of weird recordings, it is good to get another good one.

If you need any more information upon that rifle, let me know. Also pictures shouldn't be a problem. And ask them as long as I have it, since I should sell the rifle for him!

I appreciate the offer, but all I need is the data for trends work, it all fits others in its range (e/26 though - MB didn't use e/28) so I am sure this is fine for the purposes I use information for.

I do not typically use pictures for other purposes. Thanks though!

You're probably right .. they could be 26 aswell.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks, all the better to see them, I just didn't want to put you to the trouble of breaking it out again, - but thanks!

Here's my Borsigwald info...

Last edited by CalFed; 05-05-2014 at 08:31 PM.

That rifle closes the range on when they dropped the "S" in S/243, though we do not know if overlap in the practice occurred. V1 might have better ranges than I do, but this is helpful to my trends work figures, - thanks!