Third Party Press

Borsigwalde K98k Serials and Data

squill.... looks like you have a Kriegsmarine rifle from the Nord sea fleet. Nice grab.

Also, NO way a German soldat would have carved his name in the stock. Zero chance.

squill.... looks like you have a Kriegsmarine rifle from the Nord sea fleet. Nice grab.
That was quick! Thanks for the info. Can you explain what brought you to that conclusion? Ive been doing my own research but the wealth of knowledge on this forum is really impressive.

That was quick! Thanks for the info. Can you explain what brought you to that conclusion? Ive been doing my own research but the wealth of knowledge on this forum is really impressive.
Sure. On the side of the stock you can see who the piece was intended for. Eagle/H would be Heer or Army, M for Kriegsmarine or Navy and L for Luftwaffe. The takedown disk is fleet marked, in this case N for Nord or North Sea fleet. O would be Ostsee or Baltic Fleet.

I’ll add a Russian Capture I just acquired, ar 43 6252 d. Barrel is marked o r 121 43 in front of the receiver ring. No other parts are matching.

Military Rifle Journal
Back