Third Party Press

14 year old boy found ME109

The number of soldiers and civilians still missing from that war.... It's horrific. A plane could crash into a field and no one noticed or cared for 70 years.

That's pretty normal actually, and it's part of why the wrecks disappear. Fill in the hole and you'll never see the plane again, as its 20 feet down. It also makes recovering human remains hard, as the body is somewhere in that 15 inches between the rudder and the rear of the engine block. The thing will telescope down to nothing...

14 year old Danish boy found ME109 in a mud hole on his fathers field. There was ammo and guns AND a the German pilot in the wreck/hole.
See:

http://ekstrabladet.dk/nyheder/samf...land-krigen-kan-have-skraemt-ham-vaek/6563468

They try to find the name of the pilot. There was some papers in his uniform. EOD have removed ammo.

The link is not in English sorry.

The picture of the flying formation of WW2 fighter planes shows a post war modified ME109, probably a Spanish CASA using a substitute Rolls Royce Merlin V-12 instead of the inverted-V Daimler Benz.

Military Rifle Journal
Back