Third Party Press

G43 Firing pin housing question

brick26

Today, at a local gunshow, I saw a firing pin housing for sale, I was allowed to take a picture and, when came home, could not find any info on the maker of it. Is this a repro or a real one?

Thanks

Attachments

• G43 G41 012.JPG
    G43 G41 012.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 75
Mine has similar markings, but is a VOPO. I dont think that one is a reproduction though.
T9n18G2.png

I have never heard of repro firing pin hosings so I presume it's original.

There was a brief reproduction run about 6 years ago out of the Netherlands. They were recalled because of drill jig alignment issues but some may still be floating around (I still have mine).
The OP's picture shows an original part.

Repo

I had one for a little while, but traded it back to to parts dealer that it came from. There were no numbers or anything stamped on it. However it did have a number e-ped on it. But it must have been a parts number as every one he had had the same number on it. Anyway it was to wide to work with my flaps without being thinned. So I just got rid of it and found a original that worked.

There was a brief reproduction run about 6 years ago out of the Netherlands. They were recalled because of drill jig alignment issues but some may still be floating around (I still have mine).
The OP's picture shows an original part.

And you did post an article here bitching about, amongst other reproduction parts, those firing pin housings. Maybe post a link?

And you did post an article here bitching about, amongst other reproduction parts, those firing pin housings. Maybe post a link?

You want a link to my "bitching"? Try this http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread...on-part-overview&p=92970&viewfull=1#post92970

My original post was on the now defunct G/K43forum.com site sometime in late 2012 and contained a detailed report of everything that was wrong with the repro firing pin housing. It started with the firing pin housing not fitting inside the bolt, explained how a large edge radius allowed the recoil spring to wedge itself between firing pin housing and bolt and ended in the firing pin hitting the rear of rear of the bolt housing. The part was not only bad, it was outright unsafe. The manufacturer admitted the issue and offered refunds.

Military Rifle Journal
Back