Third Party Press

MP 38. u. 40 transport box

jhv 41

Bergflak always seems to be posting interesting stuff - MP38/40 transport boxes. I think they are like trying to find a unicorn.........

mpb1.jpg

One of the rarest accessories for the MP 38. u 40 was the wooden transport box. Only a handful of examples are known to exist today, and*so far I have been unable to find any contemporary*documentation that they in fact existed. But let it be firmly stated from the start; they did exist, and were manufactured by at least two different manufacturers from 1940 to 1944. The exact purpose of the box must have been transport and/or storage. Several theories have been put forward, but no conclusion has yet been reached. I will summarize the "pro et cons" at the end of this article.

CLICK HERE TO READ: http://www.bergflak.com/mp40box.html

Wow, that's cool....probably wouldn't be too hard to reproduce if you had a bitchin' wood working shop!

I may have to go with one of his theories of the box being used for training - maybe for a traveling MP sales trainer for Police/Security/others.

In any event a neat item, apparently rare but produced in some small quantities, but the purpose may remain a mystery.

Military Rifle Journal
Back