Third Party Press

Data Request - Mauser Low and High Turret Platforms, ZF41

byf 44 High Turret 606L
U on tang
U on front base
WaA135 on rear base - no asterisk

This a rescued rifle the deceased veteran was using as his deer rifle. Bolt and scope ring matches rifle; milled safety, cad scope. With the help of a relative of the veteran, we found the front band, band spring, and an uncheckered butt plate in a junk box in the vet's workshop. The original stock had been totally butchered, but I was able to find an unnumbered L block stock, so it looks correct.

Now that is one worth restoring!! Great rifle

JP Sauer HT

Do you anticipate needing information on JP Sauer HT's at a later date? If so I can provide info on the one I have.

Sauer LT/HT

If you guys have data on Sauer LT/HT go ahead and post it and I am sure Mike will check it out.

B.

Due to the low number of these reported I don't have any trends tables for them in the book. I have pics of a few, 1 matching one.

ZF41 byf43, 19952K, elm stock, back of base is Wa135 marked, no tang mark, butt plate not checkered.

ZF41, byf 43, 14068g, red laminate, base marked 135 on the rear, no tang mark, butt plate not checkered.

HT byf, 77566l, 44/45, tang U(serrifed), Walnut, checkered butt plate.

HT byf 32287l, AR receiver(44/45), red laminate, no tang/bunny stamp, checkered butt plate.
LT byf 43, 23741i, Walnut, no tang/bunny mark, normal butt plate.

Last edited:
byf43 ZF

Mike any chance of you getting me a good image of the byf43 Zf area?
That is the 'g' block.

Thanks,
Bruce

ZF41
byf 45, 26050, no mark on rear of ZF41 base

High Turret
byf 44, ar receiver, hand stamped serial number 7006, R on tang, checkered buttplate

I am adding a data section to the Mauser sniper section and could use the following:

ZF41: Code year and serial, Presence or absence of E/135 on rear of ZF41 base

Hi Bruce,

For my ZF41 K98's:

ar42 1331a (E/135 - absent, and no other markings)

ar43 9564 (E/135 - absent, and no other markings)

Hello Luft1,

Do you have pics of your DUV41 ZF41?? DUV41 never got to w (W) block in 1941 highest was p (P) block. this would also be a Type 1 roller version.

Later
vaughn

Hello Luft1,

Do you have pics of your DUV41 ZF41?? DUV41 never got to w (W) block in 1941 highest was p (P) block. this would also be a Type 1 roller version.

Later
vaughn

Vaughn

You made me look and evidently I fat fingered my serial number: is 2288N. thanks, appreciate the question!

don

Military Rifle Journal
Back