Third Party Press

New Classic Private Collection K98ks

PAD141

Anyone know where Classic's new batch of K98k's came from? The video just says a private collection. There are 8-9 rifles, a few very large stock stamps, lots of white out or grease pencil filled markings, and a lot of deep, dark bluing.

https://youtu.be/lR5AXZT-BOI

Last edited:
Remember when Classic sells rifles like this all they have too say is "War eagles so many war eagles, special black butt plate, and its the last crate of them."

So who ever buys them for over $1200 and up their getting Ben'd over!

ben from classic arms.jpg

That is either directly tied to the hump up artist who created all those "masterpieces" (similar to what your dog does in the back yard) or someone bought all that junk thinking it was real. No collector would want his name attached to those, that was probably a condition of the sale.

That is either directly tied to the hump up artist who created all those "masterpieces" (similar to what your dog does in the back yard) or someone bought all that junk thinking it was real. No collector would want his name attached to those, that was probably a condition of the sale.

Straight outta Schiller Park!

I'm surprised he's asking so much for the ce with it's small case war eagles. Surely war eagles that small would drive down the value right? Value should be proportional to the war eagle size.

I was surprised at the equal value of the CE with the small war eagles as well. The true Nazi war eagles are in high demand - did you see that the 42 code had 3 war eagles on one side, and 2 on the other? Surprised that one wasn't priced a bit higher myself. :facepalm:

My favorite is the BCD 42 with the GIGANTIC Kriegsmarine stock stamp next to the WaA63. Before I get too snarky, though, I should note the desirable mirror bright cupped steel butt plate.

Attachments

• IMG_3175.jpg
    IMG_3175.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 133
I just can't help but laugh about these fake rifles. He goes from the earlier marked ones like their kind of boring and their being sold for less. But now were in too wartime production and now he says look "WAR EAGLES! Look at all the war eagles!

And PAD141 the Navy always had mirror bright buttplates. If the rifle fell in the water you could see it!

Last edited:
True war eagles, even small case ones are worth more than boring non war eagles. Come on man! They're WAR EAGLES!!!

At least your not getting Ben'd over moconfed!

Now the less informed buyers that buy these in less then 15 minutes.

Well:

8e3.jpg

Did anyone stamp serial numbers on the wrist there? Not Russian capture, wondering the origin of these. My first thought was a pile of Mitchells, but the bolts aren't polished, and the stocks are way too dark.

These remind me of "Humper McBride's*" work....wasn't he offering that KM gun?

*Credit to DaveDavis for the name

Military Rifle Journal
Back