Third Party Press

New memeber from South Florida

nsm

Hello!
I have recently started collecting Mausers. specifically I consider the jewel of my little collection to be a FN sporter-deluxe in 30-06. Certainly not a k98 but I also have an Israeli FN action, vz24/47, and a Yugo captured k98 that as near as I can tell was a late war Masuer Oberndorf produced gun. I hope to learn about much more about k98s. I have a particular interest in East German reworked k98s and the TGF variations.

-nsm

welcome to the site from SW florida

best to get up to speed by going through a ton of threads that are free,

I am a east german rifle and pistol collector I recommend going through all the threads on gunboards. the TGF variant is the hardest, most available have been mis-matched

enjoy

Thank you! I've been reading every thread I could find on the subject. Ive seen a few up for past auctions. Is there no discrete section or threads on here for post war K98s? I gather the focus here as opposed to gunboards is ww1-ww2 period. thanks again for welcoming me. I've been into other East German history, weapons and militaria but Im working my way backwards to the k98/g43/stg 44 era until they stood up their own production facilities.

-nsm

again free advice

go to gunboards look up east german K-98's lots there. this site has lots of info for collecting K-98's read all the old post you can make it a research project

good luck

Military Rifle Journal
Back