Third Party Press

bnz 4 markings question? With picture

wwiifirearms

Can anyone tell me what the markings between the bnz and the 4 mean?
26563815-AA95-4BB3-996F-98C80966DBF2.jpg

The gun is non-matching numbers and not mport marked.

Thanks!

The triangle marking is an Iraqi Army marking (called a Jeem). The marking below that is a rune marking, the rifle was an SS contract/single rune rifle to start with. The Iraqi markings really define the rifle more than the rune marking.

The triangle marking is an Iraqi Army marking (called a Jeem). The marking below that is a rune marking, the rifle was an SS contract/single rune rifle to start with. The Iraqi markings really define the rifle more than the rune marking.
Thanks! Never would have guessed that.
Any thoughts on rarity or value?

E1CD495F-006A-4A79-98A3-335D382487AD.jpg

You'd have to post up more photos of serial numbers and markings to truly assess the rifle.

Yeah need more pics. Not rare and not really valuable from past examples seen. Someone posted a 660 1939 just like this and the guy had trouble getting $300 out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, as a machinist, the most interesting marks are those of the striated machining marks on the top receiver. I cannot figure what kind of tooling would leave those particular tool paths.

Interesting rifle either way, SS and Iraqi provenance.

For me, as a machinist, the most interesting marks are those of the striated machining marks on the top receiver. I cannot figure what kind of tooling would leave those particular tool paths.

Interesting rifle either way, SS and Iraqi provenance.

I actually always liked those markings on a receiver. I don't know machining that much, but you can just tell the operation was harried and maybe a dull tool.
I have it on the rear bridge of a l block byf44.

Nice rifle OP. Maybe no longer in fully collectible condition, a cool rifle with lots of history, and an ϞϞ you can shoot.

Military Rifle Journal
Back