Third Party Press

Simson DSM-34

KKW22cal

I just received the rifle a few days ago. Here are a few photos from the gun shop. I liked that it was complete and was stamped by SA in a manner that I do not have an example of. The rifle has the markings across the bottom of the butt of the rifle, on both sides of the disassembly disk and on the buttplate. Wish the blueing was a higher percentage but it appears complete. Does anyone know the SA unit that it would have belonged to? There are some sort of markings on the stock in two different places, does anyone know what they might mean?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 50
nice rifle.. Joe W. or some one who knows can tell you.. Typical S/A Gruppe #. maybe a google search will say as well.

Standarte 418 was Fulda (Gruppe Schlesien). There are on-line references for looking those up, although not complete (check the Axis History forum for a LARGE list). The IK or possibly JK trademark may have been a retailer through whom the rifle was purchased at that time; I don't presently recall having seen it on other Simson DSMs, but will check when I have time.
Steve

I appreciate all the information especially on the IK/JK mark. Whoever did it marked the stock twice, once on the wrist and once by the trigger guard. Luftmacher, is there any information on the serial numbers around this one? What is the earliest serial number for a Simson DSM-34?

Thank you,
KKW22cal

This rifle is only 994 off from the lowest examples known which is very cool. With Simson using one serial numbers for all their rifles it would be difficult, probably impossible, to determine how many DSM's were made between these numbers. Would you know if they were SA marked and what SA grouppe they went to? It would be interesting to see if they ended up in the same place. As always I enjoy the information everyone is able to provide.

Thank you,
KKW22cal

Have only recorded six other Simson DSMs in the 125XXX range. Virtually all are property marked to VARIOUS SA units. They were turning out W625Bs at the same time when this one was finished.
Steve

Luftmacher, will the new book list known examples of training rifles, KKW's, DSM's, Model W625, and others? Will the SA grouppes be listed? It would be interesting to see where my different rifles fall into the known serial range and see which ones are already listed.

There are many examples of training rifles you have never even heard of shown in the book, and information on quantities made and serial ranges as much as is known. The reference I gave you above will let you research the SA units as much and as often as you wish.
Steve

You don't even know how much I am looking forward to getting that book. My other Simson DSM-34 is serial number 126120. I am sure that you already have that one logged. It is SA marked as well. Cleaned the newest addition today. They always seem to be filthy/dirty when they get into my hands.

Hopefully trends could be identified in the serial number lists provided in the new book.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    299.7 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg