Third Party Press

A few goodies....

Dawkind

Too bad the moths got to the armband over the years.

4b735685762b14f55b1f030c4dea6681.jpg

This has never been lit....still in oil cloth bag.

29d128f578d8116de633db7be360bee2.jpg

6efe0eb0c6515ff387884ffd0ee23cfa.jpg

85a1f8cd9f389dc71d6d5a4c048894b8.jpg

6f9875a7b0740126b622a6a47712700d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great items and especially the lantern! First item I ever bought from a vet was an armband, M35 DD helmet and two vehicle flags... Yours has held up much better than mine.. Dad lost it when he noticed his ten year old son had his new armband and M35 visible in the forward upper camper window on our Calif. road trip.. Ha Ha

great items... not many armbands made in wool.. Also that tiny lantern is just darn cool !!! Love it. Id take the lantern over all the others..

Thank you all for your posts and information.

My Uncle brought the armband and lantern back from WWII. After my mother passed we found these items in her attic, hence the moth holes. She also saved every piece of correspondence he sent back, many picture post cards with arrows drawn as to where he was staying in various buildings during the war....very interesting, there are hundreds.

I also have a very nice SA dagger with hanger...

Thank you all for your posts and information.

My Uncle brought the armband and lantern back from WWII. After my mother passed we found these items in her attic, hence the moth holes. She also saved every piece of correspondence he sent back, many picture post cards with arrows drawn as to where he was staying in various buildings during the war....very interesting, there are hundreds.

I also have a very nice SA dagger with hanger...

That's the real treasure.. Having all that kept in the family. Stuff is just stuff... Most guys here have seen mountains of daggers and armbands.

That's why seeing something I have never seen is such a treat. Plus I like lanterns. :biggrin1:

Last edited:
I concur with the above....the reality is armbands, daggers are a dime a dozen, gravity knives not so much, but they are well known.

The neat thing about this group is its provenance, actual war trophies brought home by a family member.

And the lantern is a real gem...I like the oddball stuff like that. I have a Juwel 33 (IIRC) portable stove which is something you don't see often (at least I haven't)...

Also, a post war Feuer Hand Super Baby in red....I am guessing from the 60's, maybe earlier...its amazing how little they changed...if it wasn't for the W. Germany stamp, it could pass as period...

ETA Thanks to jhv's useful link, this one was made between 1949 and 1955 due to the shape of the D-ring on top...

Attachments

• 20170426_120314.jpg
    20170426_120314.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
That's the real treasure.. Having all that kept in the family. Stuff is just stuff... Most guys here have seen mountains of daggers and armbands.

That's why seeing something I have never seen is such a treat. Plus I like lanterns. :biggrin1:

I couldn't agree more... My gramps lost everything to his younger brothers gambling addiction before I was born. Like many here, I love the lantern and remember seeing some ages ago... The red one is really cool too..

Great pics, jhv!

Were the lanterns export items, too? The English on the glass makes me wonder if some were sold overseas.
Pat

I would imagine these were a hot export item to English/Western markets pre-war just as they were post war. I wish my German was better as the website under the pics I posted probably goes into detail about the export markets.

The pics show the boxes stamped with "Made in Germany", so I'd guess maybe they are from just prior to hostilities (late '30's-'41) or late '45/early 1946 prior to the change to "Made in West Germany".

Another website I posted earlier on this thread stated they ceased using the Made in Germany label post war, but not sure when exactly that occurred.

Edit: Reviewed first website and page 3 lists the following:

The collector can easily distinguish pre- and postwar production of Feuerhand Storm-lanterns by the origin-mark imprinted on the dome roof or in the fount, respectively. The production until 1945 was marked ”Made in Germany”. Lanterns produced from 1950 until today are embossed with the sign ”W.Germany”.

http://www.bunk-online.de/DB_FeuerhandSturmlaternenLightInternational2000_db.pdf

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back