Third Party Press

K98k Newb needs help with ID on Lovec scope mounts!

Franc

I've been banging my head against a wall (and against the internet) trying to figure out who made these mounts/stones. HELP! What have I got?

The folks over at Gunboards (forum) suggested that I try all You experts over here. :hail:

I have a crystal clear Lovec scope from right at the end of WW2 or just after; that needs to get back onto a Mauser.

The scope is crying at night for a new home! : (

Can somebody please point me towards a source for the mounts/bases and dovetails? Anybody got any for sale? or where to look?
Or somebody who can fabricate?!
Here be some pics:
5sJOFi4l.jpg
[/IMG]
SxicY2il.jpg
[/IMG]
LBPsZaul.jpg
[/IMG]
kXTuDSQl.jpg
[/IMG]
CsFZqM2l.jpg
[/IMG]

This mount dates post WWII and is based loosely on the SS Double Claw sniper mount (which to my knowledge is civi based too). Therefore original SS DC bases should - with some minor fitting - work on this scope. I've recently posted some pictures of two post WWII Czech produced K98k rifles with such bases, probably they would work with your scope. See yourself here: http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?24429-Czech-SS(-)-Double-Claw-sniper-SWP-45

The pics on the thread/s that Absolut provided look like what I need!
That is exactly what I'm working towards!
Now we're getting somewhere! Thank you SOOO Much!
All I have to do now is find some SS Double claw bases. Any suggestions as to were to find a set?
eBay? Perhaps the "eBay" equivalent in Czechoslovakia, Germany or Poland?
Anybody here have a set they would sell?
I'm trying to rebuild a Czech VZ 24 into a faux sniper.

I have a scope, I have rings, I have a rifle candidate. I just need the bases. I love Czechoslovakian Mauser's!
it's just that my eyes are failing me...hard to see target and I need some help. Older age sucks!

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back