Third Party Press

Gerät 06 Gerät 06H drawings wanted

GunKraut

If you have any drawings (incomplete or partial drawings OK) for Gerät 06 or Gerät 06H please shoot me a PM. Thanks

Gerat 06 and 06H drawings anybody? StG45?

As the title says, I'm still looking for more drawings. Detailed pictures are also appreciated. Thank you.

Did you ever contact the WTS Koblenz? They have one.
I assume its is the one that was found in the WGM Museum Rastatt. Marked: "G 06 H", serial# 02

Attached photo shows parts of a MP45 that were bought by Dr. Ludwig Vorgrimler in the USA in 1954. It is not known, where the parts ended up.

In 1977 they took the Rastatt gun to the range. With original Wehrmacht ammo it worked just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_4647.jpg
    IMG_4647.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 108
before I post what I have, is this what you are looking for

if so I have 12 sheets

Jack

Attachments

• gerat 06H.jpg
    gerat 06H.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 83
Did you ever contact the WTS Koblenz? They have one.
I assume its is the one that was found in the WGM Museum Rastatt. Marked: "G 06 H", serial# 02

Attached photo shows parts of a MP45 that were bought by Dr. Ludwig Vorgrimler in the USA in 1954. It is not known, where the parts ended up.

In 1977 they took the Rastatt gun to the range. With original Wehrmacht ammo it worked just fine.

S/N 2 is in possession of Springfield Armory and is the only rifle assembled from mostly original parts, although I don't believe the stock being correct.

https://museum.nps.gov/ParkObjdet.aspx?rID=SPAR%20%20%20%201592%26db%3Dobjects%26dir%3DCR%20AAWEB%26page%3D1

The Koblenz rifle and its twin, located at the Oberndorf city museum, are post war reproductions made by Vollmer. The wooden grips don't make sense on a rifle that was supposed to be entirely made of stamped parts. Studies of the Vollmer rifles have revealed they are in fact not stamped at all but machined from solid steel to resemble stamped parts, much like the FG42 manufactured by SMG. Back in the time when Vollmer made the rifles, milling the complex curved surfaces of the grips out of solid steel would have been beyond the scope of affordable milling machinery.

The Gerat06H shown on Forgotten Weapons is also a reproduction and I don't like the looks of the tall front and rear sight, the receiver cover, stock, stock ferrule or the hand guard. Besides the fact that it has the anti-bounce bolt lock feature which Vorgrimler did not invent until 1950.

before I post what I have, is this what you are looking for

if so I have 12 sheets

Jack

Yes, although the blueprint shown is of a gas operated Gerat06, this is exactly what I'm looking for, as many of the Gerat06 features are similar to the Gerat06H. Thanks!

ok here are the next 4 prints I have

more to come

Attachments

• gerat 06 11.jpg
    gerat 06 11.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 63
  • gerat 06 10.jpg
    gerat 06 10.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 63
  • gerat 06 9.jpg
    gerat 06 9.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 58
  • gerat 06 8.jpg
    gerat 06 8.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 55
here are next 4 more to come

Attachments

• gerat 06 7.jpg
    gerat 06 7.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 55
  • gerat 06 6.jpg
    gerat 06 6.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 55
  • gerat 06 5.jpg
    gerat 06 5.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 35
  • gerat 06 4.jpg
    gerat 06 4.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 50
here are the last three hope I did not miss one

I posted them for all and for the archive

I do not recall where they came from

Attachments

• gerat 06 3.jpg
    gerat 06 3.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 65
  • gerat 06 2.jpg
    gerat 06 2.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 60
  • gerat 06 1.jpg
    gerat 06 1.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 70
Thank you so much. I haven't seen these before and I love your classy way of pinning the blueprint down for picture taking.

I think there is too little discussion and too little known about these rifles. The Gerat06 and 06H were a huge step in small arms development. The fact that their descendants are still produced and in use worldwide shows the significance of these rifles.

S/N 2 is in possession of Springfield Armory and is the only rifle assembled from mostly original parts, although I don't believe the stock being correct.

Thats interesting. Have a report from WGM Rastatt dated November 1977 that they have G06H with Serial# 02.

Thats interesting. Have a report from WGM Rastatt dated November 1977 that they have G06H with Serial# 02.

In the mid 1990's, Dr. Karl Maier visited Springfield Armory where he used to work right after the war under "Operation Paperclip". Maier confirmed the righteousness of SA's Gerat06H S/N 2.
It can't be ruled out that after 1977 the rifle somehow made it from Germany to the U.S. as there is a second Gerat06H that went the opposite direction, from Los Angeles to The Netherlands sometime in the 1960's. The Los Angeles rifle was less complete then S/N 2 and was completed using post war fabricated parts from Mauser and Heckler & Koch. This particular rifle was serialized V-20 by its private owner.

Would you mind sharing the report from WGM Rastatt as there is so little known about these rifles? Any shred of information helps tremendously in piecing back together the true origins of the H&K G3 and CETME C. Thanks.

Thank you so much. I haven't seen these before and I love your classy way of pinning the blueprint down for picture taking.

I think there is too little discussion and too little known about these rifles. The Gerat06 and 06H were a huge step in small arms development. The fact that their descendants are still produced and in use worldwide shows the significance of these rifles.

you are welcome post these for everyone and for future researchers, the ones who hit the search button before asking questions.

this is a interesting project as a builder, it would be a challenge,

Would you mind sharing the report from WGM Rastatt as there is so little known about these rifles? Any shred of information helps tremendously in piecing back together the true origins of the H&K G3 and CETME C. Thanks.

I better don't post it, since it is a personal letter from Rolf Wirtgen to Dr. Vorgrimler. Back then, Wirtgen was student of history and recorded al weapons in the WGM Rastatt. Today he is chief of the WTS in Koblenz.
I'll translate the letter for you later.

Do you know what Vorgrimler wrote about the "history of development, from the CETME to the G3"? Have 14 pages about this matter. Typed and signed by Vorgrimler. But only a photocopy from his files. I do not know if it was ever published.

I better don't post it, since it is a personal letter from Rolf Wirtgen to Dr. Vorgrimler. Back then, Wirtgen was student of history and recorded al weapons in the WGM Rastatt. Today he is chief of the WTS in Koblenz.
I'll translate the letter for you later.

OK, I understand. No need to translate, I can read German. Danke.

Do you know what Vorgrimler wrote about the "history of development, from the CETME to the G3"? Have 14 pages about this matter. Typed and signed by Vorgrimler. But only a photocopy from his files. I do not know if it was ever published.

No, I have not seen this document, it sounds interesting. I have harvested and compiled numerous articles and pictures off the internet and from books and slowly get an idea about the various stages of Gerat06/StG45 development. What an interesting rifle and it's a shame nobody has tried to reverse engineer it in years. There were some made long time ago in the UK for all I know, ATF approved and the one presented by Forgotten Weapons may have been from the UK production run. I had one lead to drawings somewhere in Arizona but it dried up, allegedly because the owner is/was in the process of manufacturing these rifles. Maybe this is related to development done at GunLab, maybe the individual having these drawings is Ralf Dieckmann of Prescott/AZ who I have been unable to contact despite numerous attempts.

Part of the letter from Wirtgen to Vorgrimler, dated November 1977, with description and serial#

Attachments

• IMG_4649.jpg
    IMG_4649.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 58
First pages of what Vorgrimler wrote about the development of the rifles.
Do you know that? It might have been published earlier.

Attachments

• IMG_4650.jpg
    IMG_4650.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4651.jpg
    IMG_4651.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4652.jpg
    IMG_4652.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4653.jpg
    IMG_4653.jpg