Third Party Press

German Army Sniper Solbuch question

Texasbadger

Negotiating with a guy on the purchase of a very worn Heer solbuch, with notations inside for a Sniper and award notation for the sniper badge. It also has the preliminary award document for the sniper patch. Price is 1800 Euro shipped insured. Im wondering if its a good price, as I do have the one accepted version of the sniper patch. Would make a great grouping.
Thanks for you opinions, l

Steve

Attachments

• sniperpage.jpg
    sniperpage.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 62
  • sniperpage1.jpg
    sniperpage1.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 69
  • sniperpage2.jpg
    sniperpage2.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 54
Hello Texasbadger,

To make a good evaluation I need to see more images.
I think I have seen this one before on another forum, is the picture missing?

As for the asking price, there are very little comparisons and thus this is difficult, it is more a question of what you want to pay for it.
$1.800 is the price range of a very good Waffen SS Panzer Solduch for example, which is on the higher end spectrum of Soldbuch collecting.

I hope this helps,
Peter

Hello Steve,

I found the "for sale" thread and thus saw aĺl the images.

The picture isn't missing it is an example that never had one in it, from what I can see I don't see any problems with authenticity.
Is the asking price correct? Difficult to judge because I haven't sèen any similar examples for sale.
The sniper badge is a rare entry to find in a Soldbuch, after giving it some thought I think this is the best answer I can give you:
If I had it and was selling or trading it I would be asking a similar price.
But if I would get it is something completely different. ;-)

Success,
Peter

Solbuch

He came down to 1600 euro and is covering all expenses. Thanks for your assistance. I look forward to researching him

Heĺlo Steve,

Then it seems you are the one that sets the price for a Soldbuch with a sniper badge entry.
:thumbsup:

Congratulations with your purchase.
Peter

Military Rifle Journal
Back