Third Party Press

Anyone interested in new G98/40 hoods? I'll need a little help

flynaked

Repo Field Gear Collector
Okay, I would like to give this a shot guys. I already build the KM stock caps on a limited basis. I do not own a 98/40 hood or rifle for that matter unfortunately, so if I could get somebody on board with taking some measurements for my indicated areas I could begin the prototype process. I will draft up a drawing with blank values to make it even easier. If somebody would be so kind as to shoot me a PM, then there's a possibility I could make these, if there is enough interest?? Thanks guys!

Ok here is the blank form if anyone would be interested in filling it out to the nearest thousandth. Not sure if the degree in question is real or a function of the picture angles I am looking at.

Attachments

• IMG_7437.jpg
    IMG_7437.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 72
Will this do.....

all dimensions are in mm.

if it will make life easier for you, I can supply the model as a parasolid or a step file.

Attachments

• 98-40 hood.jpg
    98-40 hood.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 70
Peter, that is perfect! Thank you! Wow, almost .050, wouldn't have guessed it was quite that thick, I was assuming .040 or under. I also had a local forum member offer to let me check one out in person so I should be completely covered now. Thanks for all the help guys! Now I can begin messing around with this to see if I can make these. If I can you will for sure be getting one for free.

Military Rifle Journal
Back