Third Party Press

Sad Paul Weyersberg police bayonet

Amberg

Hello,
this bayonet was cheap enough to buy it although it is reworked, reblued, renumbered, re-everything. Probably a yugo capture.
Since the screws are frozen, I can not get off the flashguard to have a close look at the stamps beneath. Is that marked stamp an additional police stamp or regular WaA?
Thanks
Wolfgang

Attachments

• IMG_4469.JPG
    IMG_4469.JPG
    242.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4440.jpg
    IMG_4440.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4441.JPG
    IMG_4441.JPG
    271.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4442.jpg
    IMG_4442.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Hello most real a yugoslavian postwar rework, on new serial on crossguard, the grips and flashguard were probably replaced, as the WaA229 is typical for Durkopp production.The hidden WaA519 could be from a Wehrmacht production that was later reused by Police contract, the wood grips are not correct there.b.r.Andy

Hello,
Yes, it's a Weyersberg police contract but refurbished in Jugoslavia. One of mine untouched.

img_2510.jpg

Best regards

Is that no 5 on the crossguard on the side of Maker mark a police accountability or unit no? maybe this is what Wheeler in his book describes them as Not the side of the Yugo re serial number. timothy

The crossguard on the left/maker mark side was crudely ground off, with only the 5 still visible.

Thanks I think I see it now a single digit on crossguard according to Wheeler in "Seitengewher 1919 1945" his book was believed to be police property mark timothy

What about the stamp in question (photo #1)? Regular WaA or police?
I could not find a photo showing such stamp on a Weyersberg police bayonet.
Thanks

I see there a regular WaA, but You should dissasemble the piece to look at it, anyway it start with WaA which is Heer Waffenamt proof stelle, also not police , it could be as mentioned diverted from a non accepted fully Wehrmacht piece,anyway the ricasso marking is typical as "Behoerden" modell designation. About 5 i dont believe its a single digit, there was additional and were removed probably.b.r.Andy

This is an example of the last police marked contract series from Weyersberg. Three line Weyersberg trademark, back phenolic grip scales, unmarked scabbards. All of these pieces have the Police Eagle B in the muzzle groove channel. Some of them have the SW Eagle WaA519 beneath the mortice slot, others do not. It is the standard stamping. Would suspect that some of the pieces used to fill the contract were diverted from the standard Wehrmacht production.

Military Rifle Journal
Back