Third Party Press

what was once a legit LSR

John Strunk

I'm hoping one of our members got this.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/652762619

However, if not, and the buyer is on the dark side,given the potential damage $$ this could reek to someone if .......parts were replaced and the magic wand alter the ## on these parts. It might be good to remember the S/N on the receiver.

I honestly believe the seller was totally unaware what this k98 once was....I mean he never used it as a selling point/

My god, you can barely read the serial number from the heavy buffing on it. Why on god's green earth someone would pay that for a heavily buffed/refinished barreled receiver is beyond me. Even restored it will be clear it's been bubbad, should have been phosphate. Oh well....

Why indeed Farb but look at Big Ben with classic arms. Say some magic words, mention war eagles, came from a private source, and the buyers come running as fast as they can.

yea, I agree, but honestly with that magic wand sweeping a wide path.....some poor bastard may really take a incredible $$$ butt beating. When the Price's topped $450.00, I figured someone was into flipping with some shall we say "enhancement" for a big profit. I hope I'm wrong but.....

Huh??

My god, you can barely read the serial number from the heavy buffing on it. Why on god's green earth someone would pay that for a heavily buffed/refinished barreled receiver is beyond me. Even restored it will be clear it's been bubbad, should have been phosphate. Oh well....

The sellers long winded "rules" say you'd only be getting what shows in the pictures. So there is no bolt? What's with all those holes in the receiver?
Curious, as although cool, I'm not really well versed re the Mausers.
Pete

There's another LSR wreck out there floating around. It's been buffed so hard that you can barely read the year and it still has the base pins. High polish blue on a turd.

I know bubba isn't a smart, but who on earth takes a scoped rifle and does that? Why?

It is amazing how many I have seen like this one. I "restored" one and it was pretty expensive. They make an excellent rifle for shooting, like building a replica sniper, but it was a little more expensive than building a replica. It helps keep the originals in the safe instead of the firing line. Not much chance it will fool anyone that it has original finish even if they phosphate the correct parts. Why such an extensive polish is needed is beyond me?? It can be an expensive shooter though.

Geez Mauser99 you can't expect too get everything you know! Man give a mouse a cookie and it wants a glass of milk haha!

Military Rifle Journal
Back