Third Party Press

Mauser DSM 34 with Prototype Rear Sight????

Don't believe I will

I think they will interchange fully. Not really about being right. I just knew what it had to be when I say it.

Putting the correct leaf in there shouldn't be an issue. I needed one of these JGA sites years back. I added a standard DSM34 that you gave me. Thank you again.

Also, I've owned over a 1/2 dozen over the years. The mauser made rear site with windage adjustment Is slightly larger I think ?.

I intend to leave it as found. That would be altering it as brought back. Of that I am certain. No Bubba done this.

Interesting Germainia Sports Modell in a spotter stock ? I guess anything is possible Erma made a sporter out of there left over DSM34's
Erma may have done the same ????

Erma was configuring some of their DSM actions for the commercial market CONCURRENTLY with their DSM sales. Different stock, sights, and trigger guard. JGA practiced that philosophy even more widely (using same basic action with slight changes to sell a "different" model). This eliminated a need for separate machining tools and jigs for every part of every model, while expanding their lines of models offered. It was all about selling guns.
Steve

Erma was configuring some of their DSM actions for the commercial market CONCURRENTLY with their DSM sales. Different stock, sights, and trigger guard. JGA practiced that philosophy even more widely (using same basic action with slight changes to sell a "different" model). This eliminated a need for separate machining tools and jigs for every part of every model, while expanding their lines of models offered. It was all about selling guns.
Steve

I had noticed that after owning many all called different things and all were basically the same rifle. Most all were in 4mm as JGA seemed to want to corner the indoor market.

BSW made the 625z but, on a very small scale.

The Germania Sportmodell is a very fine rifle in kal22 and I still own one.

JGA sight question

Wayne or BGcollector

is the notch plate screwed on to the sliding head on these as in my picture?
DSC00918.JPG

Can't tell from BGcollector's pics appears the head milled as one piece?

JGA Germania 2689 2.jpg

A rearsight with some of the characteristics of this one - graduated windage scale and sight plate retained by two screws, plus key adjustable windage sold on ebay the other week. The proportions looked mighty similar. The ebay one was mounted on an adjustable 11mm sliding base for a target rifle though and not in trainer configuration.

I wonder if they were made by a subcontractor for the trade. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/30s-German-22-Mauser-Type-Barrel-Mounted-Sliding-Rear-Sight-11mm-rail-Rare-/282508526837?hash=item41c6d204f5:g:vccAAOSwrhBZM2Os

Last edited:
A rearsight with some of the characteristics of this one - graduated windage scale and sight plate retained by two screws, plus key adjustable windage sold on ebay the other week. The proportions looked mighty similar. The ebay one was mounted on an adjustable 11mm sliding base for a target rifle though and not in trainer configuration.

I wonder if they were made by a subcontractor for the trade. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/30s-German-22-Mauser-Type-Barrel-Mounted-Sliding-Rear-Sight-11mm-rail-Rare-/282508526837?hash=item41c6d204f5:g:vccAAOSwrhBZM2Os

I'm not sure on the rules regarding links to auctions. Please delete if not permitted.

You are OK

I'm not sure on the rules regarding links to auctions. Please delete if not permitted.

That being a dead auction.

Very Similar but not the same in several ways. Slider for one, bar not drilled for retaining pin, screws are countersunk.

Not sure what that is off of. Barrel mount. Post war Walther KKM perhaps.

Point I was making about designs being proliferated and or shared or copied after rights expired or never filed for.

Thanks for posting that.

I would still like to see a picture of the JGA sight from the rear showing the notch plate.

And more food for thought

That type tangent to include the base, first appeared on Mauser .22 sporters as early as the late 1920's. If the JGA sight is in fact is the same dimensions, and the bar is interchangeable with the DSM base - Which came first - the chicken or the egg? And whose egg was it?

JGA was essentially gifted the DSM drawings along with the other makers. So they were producing a base that this sight fit prior to those models coming out.

And when were the first JGA's with this sight made?

I don't know. I am thinking most or all of them I have seen are Eagle N proofed indicating post 1939.

I want a better look at one and to put a measuring device on it. Compare to this one side by side.

This is a GECO 37 sliding rearsight : 145 Deutche K-K-Wehrportgewehre Pages 146 147.jpg

Have a look on this website book in english : www.kkw-dsm34-22lr.com

Back together again

Duffle cut repaired, and all cleaned up. Highest DSM 34 recorded by Mauser. Anyone have one higher?

The adapted sight and all.

Good Collecting!!!!!!

Attachments

• DSC00942.JPG
    DSC00942.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00940.JPG
    DSC00940.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 26
That being a dead auction.

Very Similar but not the same in several ways. Slider for one, bar not drilled for retaining pin, screws are countersunk.

Not sure what that is off of. Barrel mount. Post war Walther KKM perhaps.

Point I was making about designs being proliferated and or shared or copied after rights expired or never filed for.

Thanks for posting that.

I would still like to see a picture of the JGA sight from the rear showing the notch plate.

JGA Rear sight 1.jpg JGA Rear sight 2.jpg Mauser - JGA Rear sight.jpg

Have a look on this 3 pictures; rear sights are differents !!!

all responses are on this web site book :www.kkw-dsm34-22lr.com

Bruno

That type tangent to include the base, first appeared on Mauser .22 sporters as early as the late 1920's. If the JGA sight is in fact is the same dimensions, and the bar is interchangeable with the DSM base - Which came first - the chicken or the egg? And whose egg was it?

JGA was essentially gifted the DSM drawings along with the other makers. So they were producing a base that this sight fit prior to those models coming out.

And when were the first JGA's with this sight made?

I don't know. I am thinking most or all of them I have seen are Eagle N proofed indicating post 1939.

I want a better look at one and to put a measuring device on it. Compare to this one side by side.

Mauser DSM - JGA Rear sight.jpg www.kkw-dsm34-22lr.com

Military Rifle Journal
Back