Third Party Press

Ar 43

Colt1911

I think this rifle might of been restamped/fake. it just seems odd in the bolt seral numbers also other things strike me as odd as well. . . I can get a great deal if it's legit but I wanted to hear the experts opinions.

Attachments

• IMG_2045.jpg
    IMG_2045.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2046.jpg
    IMG_2046.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2047.jpg
    IMG_2047.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Bolt has been ground and renumbered by the looks of it. It also isn't a true ar43 based on the small firing proof.

I agree, the whole bolt stinks. If it is being represented as all matching, it isn't. Many LGS don't know how to spot humped parts. They see the same numbers on parts and to them it is matching.

Correct, this is a ce/44 built upon a ar/43 receiver. Better pictures would be helpful, including all markings on the barreled receiver, especially the barrel code, but because of the serialing method, we know this is a ce/44 (not a ce/43 or ar/43).

Recently we discussed this superficially, a week or two ago, but when Mauser-Berlin dropped rifle production they sent their receivers and remaining components to others to assemble, mostly to Mauser-Oberndorf, but JPS also.

Bolt has been ground and renumbered by the looks of it. It also isn't a true ar43 based on the small firing proof.

Correct, this is a ce/44 built upon a ar/43 receiver. Better pictures would be helpful, including all markings on the barreled receiver, especially the barrel code, but because of the serialing method, we know this is a ce/44 (not a ce/43 or ar/43).

Recently we discussed this superficially, a week or two ago, but when Mauser-Berlin dropped rifle production they sent their receivers and remaining components to others to assemble, mostly to Mauser-Oberndorf, but JPS also.

http://phoenix.backpage.com/SportsE...8-kar98-8mm-bolt-action-rifle-w-ammo/52692283
Here is the ad. I'm on my phone and for some reason it won't let me save the pictures from backpage to post them here..

Don't you still think the bolt looks renumbered??

In looking at the bolt flat, it doesn't look right to me. It may be the crappy pictures but the typical scallop on the bolt flat doesn't seem to be there. The numbers look off as well. It may be me or the pictures but the top of the shroud looks to have been ground and ghost numbers still present.

I never commented on the bolt because it is obviously bad... no question is bad and although the pictures from the advertisement are terrible, two more things can be stated with certainty, - the stock is bad and the TG is re-numbered also.

Naturally I would not want to dissuade you from a purchase you have you heart in, but this rifle is a tremendously bad deal at $700. The rifle (barreled receiver) is a rather scarce variation, but the rifle is also a cobbled together accumulation of parts and probably not worth much. It could also be worse in that these pictures do not show everything and it could have other ugly surprises in store.

http://phoenix.backpage.com/SportsE...8-kar98-8mm-bolt-action-rifle-w-ammo/52692283
Here is the ad. I'm on my phone and for some reason it won't let me save the pictures from backpage to post them here..

Don't you still think the bolt looks renumbered??

Agreed, I just meant 700 if it was correct and original would of been good. I knew it looked humped together the minute i looked at it originally but just thought i would check with more experienced collectors. Thank you very much all of you!:thumbsup:

Military Rifle Journal
Back