Third Party Press

current value of East German 8mm kurz /7.9x33mm,

sprat

getting ready to head to the range and dug out my stock of 8mm kurz . I have plenty of FNM, WW2 boxed and czech repack, but I have less east german kurz steel case. I see it for sale here and there. Some of the prices are off the wall, so before I start buying more east german 8mm kurz, what is the consensus of the membership of what a fair price per round would be boxed or unboxed clean with no rust??

again this is for post-war east german 8mm kurz or 7.9 x 33mm only

your thoughts

Jack

Why not just buy prvi partisan?

Keeps the demand up, reloadable, shoots great... non corrosive.

thanks for the reply but I have a ton of FNM and Prvi loaded ammo, that's not including including primered brass and projectiles

so again what is the consensus on the current price of east german 7.9x33mm some want $1 a round some want more!!!!!
frankly I think $ 1 a round is too much

It is steel case and I don't know how it was stored, so I wouldn't shoot it in my MP44.
I personally don't see much collector worth in it.
I have a thousand or so rounds of it, doubt it's worth more than $1 a round.

Now if you have time to spend years selling five round stripper clips for $50 on Gunbroker with a fancy description, well maybe you would make more, but that lark's not for me.

It is steel case and I don't know how it was stored, so I wouldn't shoot it in my MP44.
I personally don't see much collector worth in it.
I have a thousand or so rounds of it, doubt it's worth more than $1 a round.

Now if you have time to spend years selling five round stripper clips for $50 on Gunbroker with a fancy description, well maybe you would make more, but that lark's not for me.

:rofl:

And yes, no way you could get me to shoot it in my 44.

Thanks MP-45 thats about what I was thinking the price was, seems lots of folks think its worth a heck of a lot more

yes its steel case and its not for collecting.

My MP-44 semi( pic below) has one of those US made barrels someone was making here in the US a few years back, the chamber throat is slightly over sized. it cause's the brass cases to slightly swell, but not steel or 308 converted cases. I will remedy this with a new ssd barrel when dingo gets them in. in the meantime I will get some more east german foddder

Thanks

Attachments

• MP-44 jack 4.jpg
    MP-44 jack 4.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 21
East German

Thanks MP-45 thats about what I was thinking the price was, seems lots of folks think its worth a heck of a lot more

My MP-44 semi( pic below) has one of those US made barrels someone was making here in the US a few years back, the chamber throat is slightly over sized. it cause's the brass cases to slightly swell, but not steel or 308 converted cases. I will remedy this with a new ssd barrel when dingo gets them in. in the meantime I will get some more east german foddder

Thanks

I'm not going to TELL anyone to shoot that ammo but I have and it was just fine. A guy sent me a high dollar MKb42 along with a bunch of E. German along with some WW2 original for testfiring. It all ran with no problems at all. His gun, his call.
Thing is I've bought FNM for .60 and some sellers want that much or more for the E. German that does shoot a bit dirty and needs to be considered corrosive.
Pete

Thanks

That a bartlein barrel?

That a bartlein barrel?

The moral of the story is Kevin & I both bought the newly made barrels, they are swedish 8mm mg convert barrels made here in the US, seems they have a wider throat ( by a "C" hair) which causes brass to expand a wee bit at the base, this effect does not happen with steel case or converted 308 cases. I have a ton of WW2 stuff in steel case, but I would rather not shoot this
so this is the reason for the post, as for now I wish to shoot corrosive East German.

not sure if I got the barrel from or whether its a bartlein barrel

The moral of the story is Kevin & I both bought the newly made barrels, they are swedish 8mm mg convert barrels made here in the US, seems they have a wider throat ( by a "C" hair) which causes brass to expand a wee bit at the base, this effect does not happen with steel case or converted 308 cases. I have a ton of WW2 stuff in steel case, but I would rather not shoot this
so this is the reason for the post, as for now I wish to shoot corrosive East German.

I ask because I picked up the last few of the bartlein mp44 barrels. However they are us made in house at bartlein and not conversions of other barrels. They sit awaiting new projects.. if I ever find a matching parts kit or a dewat.

Good luck

Last edited:
I ask because I picked up the last few of the bartlein mp44 barrels. However they are us made in house at bartlein and not conversions of other barrels. They sit awaiting new projects.. if I ever find a matching parts kit or a dewat.

Good luck

there are plenty of kits and many have been offered, one only needs to have 5k plus stashed for the right day.
this is not a poor mans rifle or project

I'm selling all my East German Steel cased ammo.
Also about 400 rounds of boxed Privi - and some Hornady too.
Email me Sprat - we'll work out a deal.
*I had my guys permanently modify the MP44 barrel to blank only.

barrel

There is no way that is a barrel from Bartlein. It would have a perfect chamber if it was.
Bartlein would be using their own rifled blanks not the Sweedish MG barrels.
Just sayin what I think I know.
Pete

there are plenty of kits and many have been offered, one only needs to have 5k plus stashed for the right day.
this is not a poor mans rifle or project

Have yet to see a reasonably priced all matching parts kit in good condition. Otherwise I would've bought it!!!

Seen lots of kits with big issues though.

Have yet to see a reasonably priced all matching parts kit in good condition. Otherwise I would've bought it!!!

Seen lots of kits with big issues though.

beg to differ I have seen multiple kits for sale within the current range that kits sell for between 5-7 k, I have been posting them for others who say they are looking for kits. If i did not have my funds tied up in other projects,( my current build & my stg-57) I would have purchased one of them. yes there were a few dogs, but plenty of nicely cut kits have been offered within the past 4-6 months. There is no such word as reasonably priced in the MP-44 collecting field. this is evident by they bidding wars on some kits

I found given time rare gems do show up from time to time with patience

beg to differ I have seen multiple kits for sale within the current range that kits sell for between 5-7 k, I have been posting them for others who say they are looking for kits. If i did not have my funds tied up in other projects,( my current build & my stg-57) I would have purchased one of them. yes there were a few dogs, but plenty of nicely cut kits have been offered within the past 4-6 months. There is no such word as reasonably priced in the MP-44 collecting field. this is evident by they bidding wars on some kits

I found given time rare gems do show up from time to time with patience

Feel free to pay those prices, and price collectors right out of the market. :facepalm:

Military Rifle Journal
Back