Third Party Press

Engineer tags.

mowzerluvr

Hey Buddy, is that an E/4 in your pocket?
Grabbed a couple items this week, so many clouds of authenticity going around but the prices I paid have me ok with them. I was a Combat Engineer in the Marines so wanted Pioneer related items. If anyone can read them, feel free. First one I figure is a bridge type unit, which was my job the last two years of my service. The second had the cord and pouch, yes it says SS on it and my knee jerk reaction was it's fake but I like it and it's pioneer and the price was right.

DSC03979.jpgDSC03980.jpg

The SS one is typical of the ones a company made for reenactor units, looks exactly like my repro they made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erkennungsmarke together with their serial number are issued to German soldiers when they enter the army, usually this is in a basic training unit and that is why a large majority of German soldiers have a dogtag from an Erstaz und Ausbildungs Btl.

I just checked the Lexikon der Wehrmacht for the Brückenkolonne tag and there isn't a Brüko K (mot) 643 listed.
http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Bruekenkolonnen/GliederungK.htm
???
Odd.

Last edited:
The SS one is typical of the ones a company made for reenactor units, looks exactly like my repro they made.

So my knee-jerk thoughts were sound. With the price I paid, I'm ok. I told the seller my thoughts but bought it anyway. I wanted it for it's pioneer markings, not SS marks or authenticity as odd as that sounds. I just can't find pioneer tags, and in one week found two.

Erkennungsmarke together with their serial number are issued to German soldiers when they enter the army, usually this is in a basic training unit and that is why a large majority of German soldiers have a dogtag from an Erstaz und Ausbildungs Btl.

I just checked the Lexikon der Wehrmacht for the Brückenkolonne tag and there never seems to have been a Brüko K (mot) 643 in the German army in WW2.
http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Bruekenkolonnen/GliederungK.htm
???

That one was even cheaper for purchase price. Good displays but as you all have told me, buy them with soldbuchs if seeking authenticity. I just gave up looking and grabbed these figuring highly they were not originals. thanks gents.

That Brüko tag looks legit but I find it odd that the unit isn't known by the people of the Lexikon which is a very good source of information on German WH units in WW2.

I trust your knowledge and resources. Though I bought both figuring ahead they were not real, more for the fact they have pioneer info and have given up the search for "real deals". About 16-20 years ago I was into cloth badges, some metal badges and such. Had looked off and on since then for real pioneer tags, not even really sure what they would even look like if found. These were cheap enough, had the right subject matter and filled the gap for me. Though if a real one pops up with documentation, I am still game. Thank you Peter, your guidance last week on the SS tag not looking right was crucial and I agreed with your assessment, but I liked it so much I bought it anyway for my display. The person making it could well have left the SS marking off of it as SS stuff doesn't pull me one direction or another, and I still would have grabbed it having the Pi on it.. lol. Near 20 years of searching is enough for me.

I'll find my repro and post a photo of it, you will recognize the font and SS marking instantly.

Grabbed a couple items this week, so many clouds of authenticity going around but the prices I paid have me ok with them. I was a Combat Engineer in the Marines so wanted Pioneer related items. If anyone can read them, feel free. First one I figure is a bridge type unit, which was my job the last two years of my service. The second had the cord and pouch, yes it says SS on it and my knee jerk reaction was it's fake but I like it and it's pioneer and the price was right.

As an ex Combat Engineer, you and maybe some others can enjoy this WWI Militärpass from Engineer Walter Schweitzer.
Walter Schweitzer was member of the engineer poison gas units.
Gaswerfer-Kompanie-No.1 roughly translates as gas thrower company. no.1
Please note the signatures of his company leaders.
The later Generalleutnant Karl Bülowius, Chief of Engineer troops in Africa ....
The famous H. Geiger, inventor of the Geiger-Mueller counter tube.

Attachments

• IMG_3145.jpg
    IMG_3145.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3146.jpg
    IMG_3146.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3147.jpg
    IMG_3147.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3148.jpg
    IMG_3148.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3149.jpg
    IMG_3149.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Here's my repro. Wish I could remember the name of the company, they would custom stamp whatever you want.

f071b477a8b7e1e472f356098914fb13.jpg

I told one guy making them to make me one that was so late war it would be issued in 1945 (ironbender)

3f3e9b208762dc89ad36fbf2bef19cd4.jpg

As an ex Combat Engineer, you and maybe some others can enjoy this WWI Militärpass from Engineer Walter Schweitzer.
Walter Schweitzer was member of the engineer poison gas units.
Gaswerfer-Kompanie-No.1 roughly translates as gas thrower company. no.1
Please note the signatures of his company leaders.
The later Generalleutnant Karl Bülowius, Chief of Engineer troops in Africa ....
The famous H. Geiger, inventor of the Geiger-Mueller counter tube.

Wow, that is amazing. Now that suits me right down to the ground.

Military Rifle Journal
Back