Third Party Press

Looking for some help on a K98k export bayonet

Radzaarty

Hey there,

I recently got my hands on a decent condition export bayonet. I'm still rather new to bayonet collecting as a whole, though I've generally had more to go on with my other bayonets.
So far this one has minimal markings and I thought I would ask the guys who know a lot more for help. So far I've only found two markings, EX855 on the pommel and 6758 under one of the grips.
Photos will be in the next post as they're rather large.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hello Your S84/98 bayonet was made in Germany and most real send to Spain as a help, there exist similar EX marked on pommel, the scabbard looks like a spanish M43 piece b.r.Andy

I agree with Andy. S84/98 T3s were sent as aid to Spain and quantities of German material left behind by their "advisors" when they left. I have a "Carl Eickhorn" S84/98 T3 which has had the name stamped on the bayonet's ricasso partially ground away (under the finish). No date on the blade spine and original scabbard is unmarked. It has a leather protector and side of pommel is heavily stamped "EX 1488". Eickhorn "commercial" S84/98 T3s are very scarce as my belief is Eickhorn rarely marked them with any readily identifiable markings throughout production.

Military Rifle Journal
Back