Third Party Press

Current Value of SMG FG42?

mostpeople

Thinking about selling mine, wondering where the market is at?

Gun will come with 9 mags and an optional Zf4.

One on Gunbroker right now at $5500 with no bids

Mine hit 6100 as I toyed with selling mine a while back... .308 with ZF4 and 9 mags too. A fellow FJR reenactor convinced me to wait until they're out of production. At least for now plenty of work allowed me to scoop a PTR44 without selling any favorite pieces. Perhaps time and a better economy may work in your favor too?

Mine hit 6100 as I toyed with selling mine a while back... .308 with ZF4 and 9 mags too. A fellow FJR reenactor convinced me to wait until they're out of production. At least for now plenty of work allowed me to scoop a PTR44 without selling any favorite pieces. Perhaps time and a better economy may work in your favor too?

A valid point, I don't need to sell. But for the right price I won't miss it. The only reason I am considering the sale is a large purchase I just made coupled with the fact I don't really shoot this thing a lot.

What its worth???

Thinking about selling mine, wondering where the market is at?

Gun will come with 9 mags and an optional Zf4.

--It should be worth what you at least paid for it--What caliber? 8mm or 7.62x51--And do you have the mount for the scope??

Last edited:
A valid point, I don't need to sell. But for the right price I won't miss it. The only reason I am considering the sale is a large purchase I just made coupled with the fact I don't really shoot this thing a lot.

I'm at the same place with mine. I was looking to buy a PTR through a friend but he backed out and my price wasn't hit so back in the case it went. Once I have my PTR running it will see even less action!

--It should be worth what you at least paid for it--What caliber? 8mm or 7.62x51--And do you have the mount for the scope??

Yes the mount would be included. I'm on the fence though about selling for what I paid for it. Is Rick still making type II's?

Yes the mount would be included. I'm on the fence though about selling for what I paid for it. Is Rick still making type II's?

Scope and mount, easily 1K over retail, especially if the scope is fitted to the mount. As far as I know yes, the Type 2 is still in production.

I am actually really interested in getting one of these. I'm thinking on selling my PPSH41 BFONG, keeping some of the money on something I recently sold, and then saving up. Will have a decent check coming in December, so I'm hoping if I still have one of these in mind to get one then. If you're thinking on selling it sometime around then, keep me in mind!

I am an FJ reenactor also.

Military Rifle Journal
Back