Third Party Press

Dot 43

u96

Hi. I just saw a nice dot from mid 43 or thereabouts. It is all matching but the floor plate which has a different number, is milled and has a subcontractor code normally not seen on dot rifles. I'm assuming this was a period replacement as everything else is correct but who knows. To each his own, but would this one issue scare off you serious collectors out there? I don't want to buy a rifle that I'll lose on down the road if I want to trade it or sell it to finance something else. Thanks!

Depends on the price. Would I pay $1,200 or more for a non matching rifle no. Honestly though I won't buy a non matching rifle period. I only own one that isn't matching. I sold the rest that weren't. Had to trim down the collection somehow.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

One small mismatch won't scare off everyone. But some yes. It does all depend on the price.

dot43's aren't terribly common. they were the first k98k's to use all stamped parts as far as I can tell.. Mauser was making the majority of the parts but dot seemed to move to using them first . A stamped qnw floor plate would work fine and finding one shouldn't be a tuff chore. Price wise is a guess.. Condition is the key.

If it's not faked anywhere and that part is mismatched that would not scare me off at all. I'm a lot more accepting of mismatched parts and R/C guns than some, so for me a good honest gun with an issue or two would lower what I would be willing to pay but no way would it prevent me from considering it. As was said above condition matters big time too, but getting a correct floor plate is very doable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back