Third Party Press

Looking for my Grandfathers bringback

Fate

I know it is doubtful to find but I would like to put the word out in case any member here may have my Grandfathers WW2 bringback.I have the capture paper for his pistol but he traded the pistol when I was a child.Serial number is......"299304".......1 german automatic,7.65 cal.That is all the info on the capture certificate. I am assuming it was a PPK but I am not for sure.I would like to buy this pistol back if it is out there.

Try posting on gunboards (can't believe I wrote that), but more people may see it.

Also try FalFiles, Calguns, P38 Forum, Walther Forums, Surplus Rifle Forum, and Milsurps. You are looking for a needle in a haystack but I have seen people find firearms they sold years ago.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Try posting on gunboards (can't believe I wrote that), but more people may see it.

Also try FalFiles, Calguns, P38 Forum, Walther Forums, Surplus Rifle Forum, and Milsurps. You are looking for a needle in a haystack but I have seen people find firearms they sold years ago.

Good advice there. Cross posting on as many enthusiast boards as possible will definitely help. Doesn't mean you'll find it but it sure improves your chances. Good luck!

It is possible to find it. I posted pics of my Vietnam captured TT33 a few years back. The vets son contacted me a few weeks back hoping to reunite it with the family. I still have the pistol because I haven't found an equal trade piece yet. Good luck with your search.

It may not be a PPK, I have a Browning model 1922 that was built at the FN plant in Belgium that was Nazi controlled during WW2, it's chambered in 7.65.

It might also be a Walther PP

I have my mother's Walther PP, a wartime pistol in 7.65mm, serial number just a few thousand away from the one you're looking for.

I would also recommend posting to the Jan C. Still Luger Forum. (Luger.gunboards). It’s like this one just focused on pistols only.

Military Rifle Journal
Back