Third Party Press

Ha!

Looks like a decent piece really. Maybe something old on the stock flaking off now. I assume he'll just flip it as is with a better description.

The pics are pretty poor but I think somebody got a decent deal. The metal may be OK but somebody did "improve" the stock. That stock may have some potential to look better? Is it a JPS built rifle??

The pics are pretty poor but I think somebody got a decent deal. The metal may be OK but somebody did "improve" the stock. That stock may have some potential to look better? Is it a JPS built rifle??

Yes, JPS assembled. Simson got that back on 2 August. I gave it a run, but the ridiculously awful photos and a less than helpful seller put me off going higher. Too much of a risk for me, but it could turn out well.

He's bought a lot of rifles like this for under a thousand or maybe a little bit above. Dude is nothing but a scumbag, flipper, humper.

I think tonight I'll post some of the serial numbers of these rifles he's bought so we can have a record of them.

This is what I was able too keep track on Elites K98k purchases.

byf42 1443m sold 8/1/17 for $1104

bcd/ar42 9700d sold 7/17/17 for $1900

bcd42 6630o sold 6/23/17 for $935

bcd4 6262 sold 8/12/17 for $905

And these are just the K98k rifles he's bought in just the last two months. Remember these serial numbers guarantee these K98k rifles will be back up for sale with modifications.

I'm pretty sure it was you who started an arguement with him on this forum. I'm pretty sure it revolved around his definition of 'humped' and he'd tried justifying it by saying he was just replacing 'like' parts or some other obvious BS. I think he had like 6 posts but was a member for years. Hmm. That right there tells me all I need to know.

Also didn't he try to get some provenance on a ridiculous fantasy piece? Was that him? It was supposedly some ultra-rare depot build I believe.

Yes he did back in February. After he was called out on his BS not too mention that piece had fake stock markings. He deleted all of his posted pictures in his threads.

But they were saved by members here. Haven't heard a peep out of him since. Right now he's buying K98k rifles for cheap, will improve them, make a BS story with them, and then list and sell them hoping for big sells.

Here's a link too BSW depot gun your were talking about HM.

http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread...er-Kal4-Depot-Build&highlight=elitecollection

I think he's hoping people will forget about them. Well the internet doesn't forget Elite!

That was interesting. I made a little illustration show some of what I'm talking about. It's very hard to remove material and keep the original contours. This happens a lot with bolt shrouds/collars. The transitional edge is lost. It's very hard for that NOT to happen. In this example the green lines roughly define the original machining transitions. Someone try and tell me metal has not been removed in the areas bordered by red. IMO it's very obvious. Did 'he' do it? I have no idea, however trying to pass this off as some kind of 'one of a kind' wonder piece begs several questions.humped receiver.jpg

In Elites words its no different then restoring a classic car your making it matching.

But I asked him is a factory original untouched classic car worth more then a restored car thats the same model.

The answer yes!

If you want too sell rifles as restored list them as such but he says their rare unique variants with a BS story. My favorite quote by him so far. "I have seen rifles like this sell for $3000 but I'm selling it as a true auction with no reserve and a penny opening bid you decide the value."

In the words of Rick Harris. "I'll give you $30 with a cup of gobstoppers". Got make money man best I can do!

Other than fonts there are just some areas that are so hard to remove material from to hide marks so it becomes obvious. I'd say receiver rings, no matter how crude the machining even in late war examples have a really true radius that's hard to hide. Bolt roots and shrouds are equally difficult because known examples typically show the depth and contour of the cut. Same goes for trying to remove the Russian or Yugo stamps from the stock. Just can't really hide that.

I'd love to see what a NASCAR style template looks like against that receiver. Bet you'd see a lot of light under such a template.

Military Rifle Journal
Back