Third Party Press

POW book

nirvana

This got posted on reddit earlier today, and is something of an interesting find. A guy who guarded German POW's was sent this after the war by one of the former captives. It shows daily life in the camp and so on. Be sure to click "load more images" once you get to the bottom of the photos.

http://imgur.com/a/YlApO

What an amazing find. From the captured page, it looks like he was an MG34 gunner. The shoulder patch on the GI in the lower left on the same page looks like the 29th ID. Upper left GI possibly carrying a Thompson? Great piece of history that highlights the humanity of an enemy.

Some of the comments on imgur are retarded, though. A few are saying its racist due to the way the black GIs were drawn. FFS, there is no rest for those people.

Thank you for sharing!

My undergrad degree was in history. I noticed in my classes that there were people who lacked the emotional and mental capacity to think critically about something that they believe is wrong or offensive. The drawings of blacks are what you would want expect out of someone from the 1940s, especially one with limited skills and limited exposure to non-whites. If, after looking at that whole book, the one thing that you care about is the way blacks people are illustrated, you need to go back home and play with crayons and marbles. Grown ups are busy talking.

Military Rifle Journal
Back