Third Party Press

Turd Reich

I think the story in the description is an even bigger pile of BS than the rifle! It looks to be the typical Interarms treatment of so many of those former SCW Gew 98M's that were obtained from Spain, then "sporterized" for sale here in the USA.

I agree the description is even more appalling than the rifle itself... obviously a Spanish import, but this one doesn't even have its original serial number. It was serialed either by the Spaniards or the importer.

Perhaps the most amazing thing is it has several bidders and is up to over $400, assuming the bids are legit. BTW, no wartime Mauser Oberndorf is "rare, they made a lot of rifles 1915-1918, and in 1914 they made more G98's than anyone else, not a huge number, but far more than the rest. During 1914 most makers had to be redirected back to long rifles, - Danzig from the 98a to the G98, DWM had to take rifles back up, being engaged with machine guns and pistols. Only Spandau was making rifles in any number, Amberg was making trifling numbers, probably just enough to keep its skilled men at work.

The rest of his story is mostly nonsense...

..The rest of his story is mostly nonsense...

I don't know who runs the show at that shop but I often wonder some things when a new rifle gets posted. Does he write these 'stories' himself? And does he actually believe the things he writes? Sometimes it reminds me of the classic 'Baltic Sea Wars' video.

This was a rare Panzer carbine used by German tank crews! These were cut down too make the ease of storing in the tank easier. These were quite often used during the Battle of Kursk due too the nature of the close quarter fighting there.

Quite rare really, the great general Heinz Wilhelm Guderian personally asked for this rifle too be developed.

Now who believes me! :thumbsup:

Military Rifle Journal
Back