Third Party Press
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: K98k bnz 43 h block

Default K98k bnz 43 h block

Simply an unissued condition untouched rifle with dried period issue grease on the wood (those black marks), some paint skid marks, mint mirror bore, doesn't look like the action was even worked on it. 100% matching, including the hood which has never been off. Little more than oxidation and closet age. Had the original sling on it. The metal is glistening because I wiped it with ballistol, that will dry. Nothing to the wood. Just a very crisp unissued condition matching bnz 43 that no one was bidding on. I guess the market is slow right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Craig great rifle and glad too see your k98k dry spell is over!
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Where was that one at? The market does seem extremely slow right now, but surprised that one fell through the cracks. Bayonets are selling but it is mostly European Buyers taking advantage of the weak dollar.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Tks Jordan. Not much gets my attention. It wasn't cheap, but it wasn't too terribly expensive. I'm surprised it got zero bids. I've seen plenty worse sell for plenty more in the last month. My other h block is a factory mm:
    http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread....-43-factory-mm
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

So crispy! Nice one. Neat dual WaAC10 on the keel. I haven't seen that before.
    Looking for 10" cleaning rod, early style e/214 #91, nazi style e/26 #04

That's a good one. I should own that one

Keeper of the Def's Head M1903A3's Avatar

Very nice acquisition Hambone!! Such pristine condition too, that's a keeper for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAR View Post
    So crispy! Nice one. Neat dual WaAC10 on the keel. I haven't seen that before.
    Tks Can.AR. My pics in the sun are crappy, don't do it justice. It's got old paint skid marks on it not from dripping, but from hitting something painted. The color is consistent with German WW2 military paint on weapons and ammunition crates. The stock is still rough and unwanked, with no polishing or disc/buttplate wizzing. The original sling on it has been there a long time as you can see that as it dried it dried the stock where it was pressed against it. Original hood doesn't appear ever touched. I will pay extra for rifles like this and it's been awhile since I picked up a K98k.
    Last edited by Hambone; 09-03-2017 at 10:27 PM.

Damn nice, crispy new rifle there. Good decision bidding on that one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.

That's a nice k98 Ham I picked up a sling just about like it here while back. timothy