Third Party Press

J&G Sales- BYF 1941

samuel990

I have a 1941 matching k98 marked byf coming right now. As far as I could tell from the pictures, everything seems to be in order, no faked serials as far as I could see. Would you guys consider J&G a trustworthy source? Would they knowingly sell a forced matching gun? They where selling Mitchells Mausers, but clearly had them marked as such. This is my first time buying a C&R online, and have just been wondering about it. I will post pictures once it arrives, if everything looks good before I accept it.

Last edited:
Samuel, heed the advise of the guys here if you are interested in getting into collecting K98ks, or even buying decent ones which will make good shooters and hold their value. They have been popular and gaining in popularity steadily for years and more guys are getting involved in collecting them. However, not everyone takes advantage of the information here or does the research ahead of time.

I am a bit skeptical of the quality and value you may receive, but we'll see. As an aside, you should be able to find a nice bolt mm only, vet rifle, in the $650-850 price range.

Samuel, heed the advise of the guys here if you are interested in getting into collecting K98ks, or even buying decent ones which will make good shooters and hold their value. They have been popular and gaining in popularity steadily for years and more guys are getting involved in collecting them. However, not everyone takes advantage of the information here or does the research ahead of time.

I am a bit skeptical of the quality and value you may receive, but we'll see. As an aside, you should be able to find a nice bolt mm only, vet rifle, in the $650-850 price range.

I guess we'll have to see when it comes... Thanks for the fast reply.

you want to buy a k98k find a vets family selling one or buy it from someone here. J&G is better than Classic overall IMO

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The prices from their latest offering turned me off but I've picked up some nice Mausers over the years from them and they're solid, as presented... nothing fishy. As many here have chimed in the latest batch are priced high plus there's some that appear to be ultra rare Mitschell Mausers.

Based on what I've seen in the last two years, id put a nice boltmm with good wood in the $750-$1100 range. Just my opinion as I have bought or sold probably 8 in the last year in that range.

Based on what I've seen in the last two years, id put a nice boltmm with good wood in the $750-$1100 range. Just my opinion as I have bought or sold probably 8 in the last year in that range.

Nate I'm probably behind a bit on their pricing. Makes sense as my rule of thumb has always been that a bolt mm was worth about half the same rifle with a matching bolt.

The prices from their latest offering turned me off but I've picked up some nice Mausers over the years from them and they're solid, as presented... nothing fishy. As many here have chimed in the latest batch are priced high plus there's some that appear to be ultra rare Mitschell Mausers.

Thank you all for the information. I will keep you posted. FYI, I am not a new shooter, but have just recently gotten interested in milsurps. The reason I bought from J&G was because I had heard great things about them, and have read many satisfactory comments.

I agree there. The 1/2 method for a bolt mm I think is pretty much the standard. Double the prices I said and you have $1500-$2200. I would say 80% of good rifles fall in that price range.

Nate I'm probably behind a bit on their pricing. Makes sense as my rule of thumb has always been that a bolt mm was worth about half the same rifle with a matching bolt.

I agree there. The 1/2 method for a bolt mm I think is pretty much the standard. Double the prices I said and you have $1500-$2200. I would say 80% of good rifles fall in that price range.

Yep, I agree.....

Military Rifle Journal
Back