Third Party Press

Byf 43 k98k sporter to restore?

DOU44Mauser

Hi everyone, I just attained a byf 43 sporter that is a Canadian vet bring back. Stock has been cut down and modified still having the front matching barrel band. Nothing else has been touched, all metal is in tact. Bolt is unmodified and its not drilled and tapped. Rear sight still has the ears to hold in the upper hand guard. All parts are matching, ie. bolt, receiver, barrel, sights, floorplate, front barrel band, and cupped butt plate. Now I want to restore with proper byf "135" 43 era parts. Looking to get a laminate stock, un numbered sling band, and spring to hold the bands together. What are the chances of finding such parts?

mowzerluvr has some stock sets for sale. He may have what your looking for. He helped me find a nice stock set for S/42 project for a friend of mine.

Sounds like a worthwhile project! All I can ever find is RCs up here!

Parts should be pretty easy to find from our American friends; probably quite a bit harder if you want to source them from Canada.

I have two beautiful, all matching cupped laminate stocks for 42-43 BYF. They are complete with matching trigger guard assemblies(not shown in photos, but have them), $310+shipping. One has wooden support dowels, a little uglier but stronger for shooting I'll bet. Or, if the stock is merely cut back and not sanded down I have a red glue laminate front stock donor section for $85+sh.

DSC03727.jpgDSC03730.jpgDSC03728.jpgDSC03731.jpgDSC03729.jpg

Last edited:
photos would help

sometimes just replacing the forend for a duffle cut works, if the remaining parts of the stock haven't been sanded and refinished.
photos would be nice. Bless that old Canadian vet. Great book by the author Farley Mowat "And the Birds Didn't Sing". I gladly accept that any bring back that was repurposed to a sporter regardless of what was done to it as the right of them what went over there.
gil

Military Rifle Journal
Back